Armour canned chili

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How low has it been since you had big ole woping bowl of--- these darn kids- had one that loved Hormel tamales, I don't know why cause we never ate that, but she had some at a friend's house one time and loved them. This was back in the 90's and every once in a while, they would be on sale, and I would grab 6 or so. All of a sudden one day those were never wanted again. Then it was cereal all the time- no matter what was available to eat- cereal.
I am weird about stuff- canned chili on a hotdog is fine but to just sit down and have a bowl of it usually doesn't work as good as my homemade. Same with tamales- I can't stand the canned type but love good ones which I have made from time to time. They are a pain in rear to put together, so I usually make a couple dozen and freeze them where I can get 2 or 3 to have.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep, had canned tamales when a kid and I wouldn't eat them. Now, give me a "real" tamale and I can't get enough. Helps when you watch them being made in your own kitchen. We usually have a couple dozen in the freezer.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll eat canned chili on hot dogs at people’s cookouts, but I love my woman’s deer chili, or whatever else she puts together, at home…..

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Look for the Hormel "Angus" chili.

Not their regular long time chili. If the can does not say "Angus" on it, don't buy that one.

Their Angus beef chili is much better, muy bien.
It’s pretty amazing how much difference a single ’g’ can make in the quality of canned chili…

Back when I was a single man building powerhouses, I’d be pushing night crew on 7/12s (really like 7/15s) and eat that stuff half frozen out of the can for lunch in the middle of the night. It’s much better when summer rolls around. 😉

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Friends don't let friends eat canned chili. :disappoin
A lot of that slimy canned chili ain't fit to eat.
I have been known to "doctor up" (as the old folks used to say) some halfway decent canned chili no beans in the crock pot to bring to a hot dog event.
Anybody asks, I tell 'em "Why that's just (whatever) brand chili from a can!"
Then the lazy, non-water boiling male and female #$%^^%#$%% won't be expecting any home cooking from me.:scream:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
IMG_7906.jpeg

Added some fresh peppers, tomatoes, cheese and Fritos. Meal fit for a man.

Those with less intestinal strength may wish to coat stomach with Pepto-Bismol first, and take a Midol after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom