Asian Mags, Glock et al, how good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right now (07/10/10) CDNN has the Asian glock mags on sale for 5.99 each.

I remember when these first hit the market and they were going for something like 15.99 and have steadily dropped in price.

I hate loading magazines at the range. I look at mags like ammo. I can never have too many. And, my wife would argue that I have more than enough of both. And she doesn't even know where all my stashes are!!!!! heehee.

Anyway, anyone really test these Asian mags? Either the Glock and/or the BetaMag clones?

I figure, for 6 bucks a pop (on the glocks) and 6 dollar shipping, I can spring for a few and play with them.

Dave

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There was a thread over on glocktalk about the KCI mags and they had nothing but good things to say about them, as range mags anyway. I have a few of them in .40 and never had an issue. At $5.99 a piece it's hard to go wrong.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some for my G19. Good bodies, weak springs. The bodies have a little scrap plastic to trim sometimes, and for range mags they are fine. I have had issues with mine failing to feed the last round in the mag due to a weak spring.

You can find them for around $10, add a $3 Glock spring, and you are GTG. The only complaint I have is the spring. The bodies are steel lined like the Glocks, only difference is the base pad does not say Glock.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe there made in Korea...not that it makes a difference!

ya, either way if its not a factory mag or a widely accepted quality replacement, I'd perform some serious testing on my own before relying on it.

springs can be a big issue as well as just contruction issues causing ill fit or feed issues.

my vote is always to practice a bunch with the exact firearm, mag if applicable and ammo that you'll be relying on for protection. too many people simply go out and make purchases and assume everything will be fine when they need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom