At least the P320's aren't spontaneously discharging..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is possible but it would be from either faulty equipment or user. If he did not touch the gun, he must have bumped it on something while getting into the car causing the striker to release.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I read the article I was sure it was someone jacking with the trigger and/or springs. Now I think it may still be that but most likely something in his holster found it's way to the trigger. I don't buy it for a minute and I ain't a Glock fanboy either.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You gotta pull the trigger to prep the striker.

The striker does not get moved to the rear when the slide is racked?

EDIT: Doing a little research says the striker is mostly pulled to the rear. This means it could go off if a malfunction is present. A worn internal part, etc could cause it.

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The striker safety plunger still has to be depressed which is only done when the trigger is at the rearward position.
This is the way I always understood it as well. After the plunger is depressed then tricked out parts may cause full auto or other issues if done incorrectly.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poor pms on the officer's part perhaps? Would also like to see the holster, some intresting items have been found in officer's (and non officers) holsters if not open bottom, and they can also wear out over time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom