ATF is at it again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the enhanced communication we have now, I'd be willing to bet that the number who would take up arms far exceeds 3%. I'm only guessing, but I would say that at least half of those of us who own guns would take up arms because we are aware of what they are for. Even if all communication were to be shut down, I believe it would have little to no effect on the numbers who would rise to the need because we are already on the alert.

Woody
How would you mobilize without communications if it were all shut down? Not many ham radio operators left out there.
Without communications, there is no general uprising. Only local cells.
That being said, the crowds that are turning out to protest the nations shutdown at state capitols is encouraging.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How would you mobilize without communications if it were all shut down? Not many ham radio operators left out there.
Without communications, there is no general uprising. Only local cells.
That being said, the crowds that are turning out to protest the nations shutdown at state capitols is encouraging.

It's the local cells that will spark the necessary resistance.

I'd be willing to bet there are many more ham radios out there than are in the hands of licensed individuals. Even a string of hand-held walkie talkies could send/relay a message across many miles in very few minutes.

There are still landline phones out there. A few clever people could tap into and isolate some of the many phone lines strung across the land and buried underneath it. Whether there is a phone company hub or not wouldn't matter. Uncle Tyrant wouldn't be able to dig them all up or take them all down before these little cells could make use of what is still around.

Morse code using lights on poles. Morse code using static electricity. Pony Express. Runners. Smoke signals. Semaphore. Sound powered phones. Airplanes. Cars. Boats. I'm sure there are many more means of communication than comes to my mind right now.

I remember as a kid swimming at the local lake, you could bang a couple rocks together under the water and anyone with their head under water could hear it loud and clear from across the lake.

Right now I believe civil disobedience is our best tool. If an armed populace engages in civil disobedience, it is a force to be regarded with extreme respect. We are still armed.

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

Latest posts

Top Bottom