ATF Post Chevron

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the ATF isn’t finished. The finding in the Rahimi case is most likely representative of the courts future position. Firearm laws that were passed by Congress will most likely be upheld. The Court is likely to continue to invalidate agency actions that are not specifically authorized by statute, but there are a lot of regulations that are supported by statute. The court instituted a new legal standard for 2nd amendment cases, and then promptly ignored it in Rahimi. Bad facts still make bad law.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the ATF isn’t finished. The finding in the Rahimi case is most likely representative of the courts future position. Firearm laws that were passed by Congress will most likely be upheld. The Court is likely to continue to invalidate agency actions that are not specifically authorized by statute, but there are a lot of regulations that are supported by statute. The court instituted a new legal standard for 2nd amendment cases, and then promptly ignored it in Rahimi. Bad facts still make bad law.

Be careful, you might be accused of having a sucky life.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today the head of the VA Pension and fiduciary department told a congressional committee that they will not comply with a law that would restore veterans' 2A rights if it were to be passed.
https://x.com/GunOwners/status/1811070850461745362

REP. ROSENDALE: Is it your position that @DeptVetAffairs will not comply with an act of law passed by Congress?

Kevin Friel (VA): Yes sir. I guess. Based off what you have in the testimony, yes sir.

REP. ROSENDALE: That you would not comply?

Kevin Friel (VA): Yes, sir.

REP. ROSENDALE: Well, I'm glad everybody hears that on the record—that the VA is going to refuse to comply regardless of what we actually pass here... I think that Mr. Friel has incriminated himself and the VA, that they're going to have complete disregard for what we're going to do anyway. I yield back.

REP. LUTTRELL: Mr. Friel, you're very well aware of how you just answered the Congressman's questions, correct?

Kevin Friel (VA): As I said it is in our testimony that we would "have trouble complying" with that law.

REP. LUTTRELL: Mr. Friel, you're very well aware of how you answered the Congressman's question?

Kevin Friel (VA): Yes, sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom