ATF wants to ban 5.56mm M855 as AP ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<sigh***> I truly wish Olympic Arms had never started us down this path. Seems to me the answer here is for the NRA/NSSF/SAMMI/Dealers Associations/every major distributor, etc. to all band together and drop an avalanche of court challenges and injunction requests on BATFE and DoJ. It's time they had their wings clipped. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm. This is a suspect assumption. AR pistols have been around a long time. They aren't new. BATF changes their minds all the time. It doesn't even fit their definition of AP ammo.

Make no mistake, they're perverting their own definitions to ban it (along with using a 29 year old "exemption" they issued that never needed to be issued in the first place). Still yet, BATFE gonna do what BATFE does, so it will most likely happen and have to be fought in court. :(

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they do indeed ban it, then according to what I've been reading, anyone in possession of it after the ban will be committing a felony.

The federal AP statute that they are wanting to add M855 to states that it cannot be imported, manufactured or distributed. Does not state anything about possession.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The federal AP statute that they are wanting to add M855 to states that it cannot be imported, manufactured or distributed. Does not state anything about possession.

And I think that the distribution part only applies to FFLs.
When the steel core 7.62 fiasco happened, that was one of the things that made no real sense to me.
Anyone could (and still can) sell it, UNLESS you are selling it as an FFL.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom