Aubrey McClendon will not be down for corn flakes.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DoJ filed a motion to dismiss the indictment following his death.

and, there's this

The Justice Department said Thursday its investigation into leasing practices in the oil and gas industry remains ongoing.

“This is the first case resulting from an ongoing federal antitrust investigation into price fixing, bid rigging and other anticompetitive conduct in the oil and natural gas industry,” the department said.

SandRidge Energy Inc. last year disclosed in regulatory filings it was the target of a grand jury investigation in Oklahoma concerning violations of federal antitrust law.SandRidge said it was cooperating with the investigation, which is looking at transactions from 2012 and prior years, the company said in a November filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

“The company is continuing to respond to the government's requests in connection with the investigation,” SandRidge said in the filing. “The company is unable to predict the outcome of the government's investigation, or any range of loss that could be associated with the resolution of any possible criminal charges or civil claims that may be brought against the company; however, any governmental action or resolution therof could be material to the company.”

http://newsok.com/justice-department-files-motion-to-dismiss-mcclendon-indictment/article/5482628

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ODOT 5 laned us 70 through that area for this reason and almost spent millions 4 laning Rosevelte bridge. All for the projected new traffic this resort area would bring.

Yep. East of the bridge 70 is 5 lanes all the way to Durant. Which is really nice for us, we have a place at Willow Springs. West of the bridge they cleared a bunch of land in preparation for widening 70 back to Kingston but never finished the work. The old lodge area is a damn shame. They had a golf course, a small rodeo arena where you could ride horses and an arcade with miniature golf. All closed. It's a damn ghost town. Half the businesses between Kingston and Durant have closed in the last few years. First the drought, it was so bad you could not launch a boat from most of the ramps on Texoma, then the flood last year and you could not launch a boat because the water was too high. People bitched at the corp, but the corp had to remind them that Texoma is a water control lake and not a recreational lake. A lot of people have started going to Lake Murray.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. East of the bridge 70 is 5 lanes all the way to Durant. Which is really nice for us, we have a place at Willow Springs. West of the bridge they cleared a bunch of land in preparation for widening 70 back to Kingston but never finished the work. The old lodge area is a damn shame. They had a golf course, a small rodeo arena where you could ride horses and an arcade with miniature golf. All closed. It's a damn ghost town. Half the businesses between Kingston and Durant have closed in the last few years. First the drought, it was so bad you could not launch a boat from most of the ramps on Texoma, then the flood last year and you could not launch a boat because the water was too high. People bitched at the corp, but the corp had to remind them that Texoma is a water control lake and not a recreational lake. A lot of people have started going to Lake Murray.
US-70 is being improved all the way from I-35 east to AR. Currently working on a Madill By-pass. Durants by-pass is almost completed. Valiant was going to be by-passed but that been on hold for 15 year due to public disputes.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
US-70 is being improved all the way from I-35 east to AR. Currently working on a Madill By-pass. Durants by-pass is almost completed. Valiant was going to be by-passed but that been on hold for 15 year due to public disputes.

Yeah, way back when I was excited about it, but after 20 years of driving though Madill and Kingston I'm pretty sure I will be dead before it's completed. We were thrilled when the stretch between I-35 and halfway to Madill opened. After that the work just stopped. Goes from 4 lane divided to 2 lane.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, way back when I was excited about it, but after 20 years of driving though Madill and Kingston I'm pretty sure I will be dead before it's completed. We were thrilled when the stretch between I-35 and halfway to Madill opened. After that the work just stopped. Goes from 4 lane divided to 2 lane.
Money woes...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Money woes...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

The 4 lane was supposed to go from Ardmore to Durant was put on hold due to politics. The locals at that time didn't want a 4 lane highway, and bypass going around madill, and cutting thru some extremely rich peoples ranches. Good example is just north of Kingston were us70 was moved to the east because the ex-governor didn't want it going in front of his ranch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom