B.O.B's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have put off building my BOB for about 5 years now, and now that I'm in Afghanistan I guess now is the perfect time to start getting things together. I have been doing research for about 2 months now and I have seen completed bags that people have put together for about a hundred bucks and I have also seen bags that have been put together at close to four grand. Just wanted to ask around the community here to see if anyone cared to share approximately how much they have invested in their BOB's. I'm not curious about ammunition and firearms, just gear that you have in your bags.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding a general guide or list of things to put into the BOB? I saw Sgt. Everett's has one for the most part prepared for $100, I had thought about that one for myself.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding a general guide or list of things to put into the BOB? I saw Sgt. Everett's has one for the most part prepared for $100, I had thought about that one for myself.

There are a lot of guides out there...but it's best to start with the basics: Food/water, shelter, first aid/hygiene, and security...your bag should contain those items or the ability to produce those items.

Tailor based on your individual needs/skills, expected environment and intended duration. For that reason I'd avoid any pre-packaged kits except for use as a foundation for a tailored bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom