Bad Blood Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of us looking for high-value knives on a budget of ~$50 or less, check out Bad Blood knives (here is their section on Knifecenter.com):

http://www2.knifecenter.com/brand/366/Bad-Blood-Knives

These are getting great reviews and they are apparently way over-built (super thick liners, great lockup, thick blades).

I've heard a few folks say that you have to open/close them several times and lube them to get that smooth opening action, but other than that, they appear hard to beat for the price.

The Harbinger CC is one of their more popular models that has been reviewed on several message boards and Youtube videos. It is often compared to the Ontario Rat1 "on Steroids".

They're made in China and use 8CR14 Stainless steel (which isn't terrible and about what you would expect for the price), but so far no major QC issues have been reported.

Here's a pic of the Harbinger CC (3-3/4" Blade):

images.knifecenter.com_knifecenter_bad_blood_images_BD0105.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably made by Sanrenmu or Enlan. If so they will probably be pretty good blades. Much better than most of the other made in China junk.

They're actually made by HallMark Cutlery (based out of TN) and they seem to be on-par with Ontario's China-made RAT line and Kershaw's Chinese-made knives (according to online reviews). Not sure of who they sourced the manufacturing to, but QC can make all the difference in the world.

I've been considering picking up an Enlan and a Sanrenmu knife lately just to see how much value they can cram into a $10 pocket-knife (I hear good things but I've yet to see a long-term EDC report), but I've got too many now and need to do some herd-thinning anyway.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
enlan knives look horrible. There are a few Sanrenmu that look ok and promising

The EL-01 is one of the most torture-tested el-cheapo knives out there and has survived a lot of abuse from several folks who swear by it.

It's pretty nice for $15.

Other than the stupid propritary pivot, it seems like a solid little knife in the <$20 range.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're actually made by HallMark Cutlery (based out of TN) and they seem to be on-par with Ontario's China-made RAT line and Kershaw's Chinese-made knives (according to online reviews). Not sure of who they sourced the manufacturing to, but QC can make all the difference in the world.

I've been considering picking up an Enlan and a Sanrenmu knife lately just to see how much value they can cram into a $10 pocket-knife (I hear good things but I've yet to see a long-term EDC report), but I've got too many now and need to do some herd-thinning anyway.

I can't confirm but I would bet that Sanrenmu (or one of SRM's daughter companies) is the maker of these knives. And that would be a good thing as they make damn fine folders for the money! Just like Spyderco with their excellent Tenacious line. Those were outsourced to Sanremu as well.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't confirm but I would bet that Sanrenmu (or one of SRM's daughter companies) is the maker of these knives. And that would be a good thing as they make damn fine folders for the money! Just like Spyderco with their excellent Tenacious line. Those were outsourced to Sanremu as well.

SRM is a good maker when tasked with outsourcing by companies. I've heard they produce knives for a few of the bigger manufacturers, but in nearly every case the QC had to be held to a higher standard than the standard knives SRM markets under their own brand (like the 710, etc.). That explains part of the reason that a Persistence costs more than double what the 710 does, but less than half of the next cheapest G10 option from Spyderco (made in Taiwan - which has an economy equivalent to that of the US).

It doesn't really matter to me where most knives are made as long as the manufacturer is up-front about it so I know what I'm getting and the quality is there (no matter what the price), but you could very well be right in that SRM is outsourcing the manufacturing for Hall Mark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom