Bad day at the range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man oh man I've been drooling over a cz 75 for a while now.

Burk, any links or tips to improve the mechanics of my grip?

Pistols in question were a p64,xd9, and 22/45 I don't know how to describe it other than uncomfortable to hold it correctly which is odd. I was thinking of picking up a laser bore sight of sorts to help have a visual of where the bore is pointing.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may look into some classes in the future. I did practice some tonight infront of a mirror and ever time I looked over I had the pistol up and barrel horizontal. I did can't he barrel down like yesterday and that felt uncomfortable, I'm going to chalk it up to a bad day at the range but I am going to practice a bit more dry firing and focus on my grip.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would there be any benefit to putting a laser on the gun and then co-witnessing it with the sights as you move around and practice aiming at different targets?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. Get some professional instruction. Your return on that investment will be much more noticeable than continuing to ingrain bad habits at the range. Don't get me wrong. Range time is always good. But range time with a qualified instructor tweaking you constantly. That is where improvement is made.

Its hard to diagnose someone's shooting without watching them shoot.

I'll throw a plug in for Oklahoma Shooting Skills. www.pistolskills.com I'm one of the Assistant Instructors. Sunday night was had several shooters that saw huge gains in their speed and accuracy over just a 4 hour class.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt a class would help me or anyone, right now I can't really commit 4 hours to anything but work I don't have a ton of free time, but I will keep those in mind.

I do think it was a bad day and maybe it was the fact of coming from the awkwardness of the ar pistol (can't wait for the stamp, cause that was atrocious) to pistols that screwed me up, or having the guy who runs banner breathing down your neck.

I have this guy on my garage wall (the design made me chuckle) but this is how I normally look 7-10 yards out with my 22/45 and xd9 (the couple 22 fliers were from sighting in a rifle)

i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_18A94585_0989_4A80_81B4_B7C94AF1FB6C_zpssdnj8rcx.jpg

i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_074C271B_C7A5_422E_B2A3_8EDBD07EEEED_zpsycfy9jc0.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom