Bad news and good new/range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my orthopedic dude today and the news is surgery in a week or so. Left shoulder has torn ligament and some other crap with the rotator cuff. I've had this surgery before (25 years ago) and recovery will be about a year with the damage I have. CRAP!
Depressed so decided to detour to BDC in Shawnee.
Relieved some stress on a target.
Using 230 grain 45 Federal brass at 12 yards. Shooting the Kimber 45 Desert Warrior TFS SOC.
Pic one is the first 10 rounds (getting settled in). Second pic is 20 additional rounds and pic three is putting 40 more rounds down range. Only had 70 rounds with me.
A few fliers (caused by Matt Damon) but I'll take it considering I was a bit tense.
Bdc kim 45 10rds 1.JPG
Bdc kim 45 20rds 2.JPG
Bdc kim 45 50rds 3.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang Man! Surgeries suck! But that is some good shooting tand I do envy you that pistol. I sure would like to give it a few rounds to eat and see how it handles. Good luck with the Bone Doc, do the Physical Therapy, and keep us posted .

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang Man! Surgeries suck! But that is some good shooting tand I do envy you that pistol. I sure would like to give it a few rounds to eat and see how it handles. Good luck with the Bone Doc, do the Physical Therapy, and keep us posted .
Thanks. Only need one hand to shoot. Ha. 4 weeks of recovery without movement, slow rehab then about a year for full recovery.
I'll cut that time all to heck.
12 weeks and I'll be back at full tilt if not before.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to my orthopedic dude today and the news is surgery in a week or so. Left shoulder has torn ligament and some other crap with the rotator cuff. I've had this surgery before (25 years ago) and recovery will be about a year with the damage I have.
Prayers and best wishes man.

And yeah, we all know ya can shoot... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom