Bank Of Oklahoma Fees and Humor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
90% of all banks AND CREDIT UNIONS charge check cashing fees. I know this because I have been in the banking business for 10 years now. Some people get upset about it, but most understand its a fee for a service....just like any other business. Some people have it in their heads that we are just printing money in our back room, but that's not how it works. We have to order money from the FED(that cost money), then we have to have an armored truck deliver the money(that cost money), then we have to pay to insure the money that sits on our premises. One thing I can guarantee is that if you take that check to the bank where your accounts are at, then they won't charge you to cash it...just like BOK won't charge you to cash any checks, regardless of amount, if you are an account holder..... Not saying rather I agree or disagree with the check cashing fee, its the cost of business. And the truth is, banks aren't not for profit...and for people who like to say "we'll that's why I bank with a credit union"... It would make you sick to know how much they pay their VPs. They are in it for money too!

I know all the different ways that banks make money. I worked for BOK for 4.5 years. Worst employer I've ever had. I didn't even have another job when I quit them. I literally lookd in the mirror as I was getting ready for work one day and couldn't stand it. My wife was so glad when I told her I couldn't do it any more. I walked in and turned in my 2 week notice that day and never looked back.

Best move I ever made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom