Bank of Oklahoma apologizes for "delaying direct deposits"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Getting less and less of that warm fuzzy from our great financial institutions.

With the student loans not being paid back, and there are a lot of them that have just said...nope, to the cars financed during the pandemic getting repo.

I seen the army of repo trucks in Philly, Ronkonkoma NY, Staten Island NY, West Haven CT, Birmingham AL, Baltimore MD...list goes on and on, talking 100s of cars each night getting repo for non payments.

All that money that never existed that these damn bankers speculate on, and keep making money.

More and more banks gonna fail. Wait till it gets hot outside, shoulda seen the crazy here in CT during memorial day.

People can't even afford to survive.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit ** Didn't see the other posters with the same thoughts. But I stand by my assertion.

THis quote from the OP post caught my attention. She gets $3,600 per month from the VA. Seems like a decent chunk especially if this is after taxes, assuming she has not other employment. Especially in OK, and many other states, it is beyond me why someone bringing home $3600/month is struggling to survive and is living paycheck to paycheck. That's $43,200 per year take-home. That's $24-$26 per hour. Why are you paycheck to paycheck with that hourly rate? That's far more than slinging fast food for a living. Maybe I'm way off base here but had she said $1500/month or so I'd have a different perspective.

Rachelle Shepherd was expecting her $3,600 VA check to hit her account today.

"I have $25 dollars in the bank. I need to pay groceries and my mortgage," says Shepherd.
She probably uses VA for her medical. Not knowing what her son's medical is. I bet the insurance is very expensive. Where is the father and what kind of bills was she left with? What I am saying is If you do not know don't, judge.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She probably uses VA for her medical. Not knowing what her son's medical is. I bet the insurance is very expensive. Where is the father and what kind of bills was she left with? What I am saying is If you do not know don't, judge.
Getting a $3600 check from the VA but using the VA for medical? What would be the scenario where someone would get this kind of check from the VA.

Not judging the lady just making a statement based on the OP article. Unfortunately, there are too many people in society that live paycheck to paycheck because of their own lack of good judgement and poor decision making.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. − Credit agency Moody's has downgraded Bank of Oklahoma's creditworthiness.

Bank of Oklahoma (BOK) Financial is one of the largest banks in Oklahoma and one of the largest employers in the Tulsa Metro area.

Nine other regional banks across the country are also being downgraded by the agency.

The credit agency says it is concerned high-interest rates could impact consumer confidence, and in return, could also create the possibility for new financial losses as customers could struggle to pay back their loans.

BOK released the following statement in response to the downgrade.

Moody’s rating action was driven in large part due to macro factors that influence the broader Banking industry rather than factors specific to BOK Financial, as seen in Moody’s report and shown by the large number of rating actions they took across the Banking industry. BOKF’s profitability remains strong, paired with our robust capital and liquidity levels and attractive geographic footprint, we are positioned well to compete and grow going forward. We remain well into the investment grade category of credit ratings from Moody’s, Fitch, and S&P, with Fitch and S&P recently affirming our ratings. We don’t expect this to have a material impact on our company.

- Bank of Oklahoma Financial

https://www.fox23.com/news/bank-of-...xoy7KK1d1OkWajgv0VuDKbNt_izHKPkvdKsnUn4bh6DWM

Latest posts

Top Bottom