Progressive stop coverage in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you, it’s hard to find those companies to do business with that can compete on pricing. Wonder why that is? Things that make you say, Hmmmm.
I’m not calling for a boycott or anything, don’t believe in those. BUT, they do call themselves Progressive for a reason.
Oh I definitely believe in boycotts but at what point do you stop?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been boycotting cheaper than dirt, black rifle coffee, and Benchmade knives for a long time, and I know there’s more I can’t remember as I type this. :scratch:
I can’t afford most of that stuff anyway!
Btw, some will be happy to know that BRC by quail springs mall folded up shop. It was overpriced coffee and trinkets at best.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a reminder, the Progressive Ins Co. was the first one to "offer" a plug in to your car to "reduce" your insurance due to your driving habits. We all know that works both ways. That was what they were betting on. They never want to reduce your payments.

What do you think the ratio is of average drivers who never speed, brake hard, accelerate hard. jeerk the wheel, use turn signals every turn vs the excellent driver who does none of that? Have you ever seen one in the wild?

And, AND, you had to subscribe to it for a period of time!

:angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Progressive has nothing to do with George Soros now and never has. Progressive is a publicly traded company and cares more about their shareholders than politics, I'm sure.

Progressive, the company, didn't make those donations. The CEO (Lewis) made them from his own personal wealth...and he's been dead for over 10 years. Progressive is like any other major corporation. They donate money to various candidates...and not very much considering how much the company is worth. As a matter of fact, they're surprisingly apolitical. It's easier to find the truth than it is to post a bunch of nonsense.

We were with Progressive for the past 2.5 years and, as far as insurance companies go, I've done a lot worse. They just paid out a $21.5k claim for our truck without any hassle at all. But, I have no loyalty to insurance companies and just went back to GEICO today because they offered me a better policy for less money than Progressive did. But, I won't hesitate to go back if they offer me the best rate/coverage in the future.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many don't know this, but anyone living full time in an RV are limited on finding a company to insure their RV's. We deal with a broker for our insurance, and as time has gone on, more and more that did cover full-timers are no longer doing so. At our last renewal, just about our only choice was Progressive.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have a motorcycle policy with Progressive. Far and away the best coverage for the least $$.

It sucks about insurance issues in TX. We went thru something similar years ago in Colorado. No one wanted to insure a log home, in the mountains, in a wildfire zone.

I can't believe how expensive auto insurance is here in Oklahoma. For what I pay for 6 months for 2 vehicles, that are both several years old, I could insure them in Idaho for just shy of 2 years. Serious sticker shock when I moved here. Luckily, the lower cost of living for nearly everything else offsets that a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom