Anyone Have Progressive Car Insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
George Soros DOES NOT own Progressive Insurance. It's a publicly traded company owned by shareholders...mostly people like on this forum in the form of mutual funds, I'd guess. The biggest of them are financial investment companies. Soros may own stock but, if he does, he's not a major shareholder.

This stuff is easily verified.

For crying out loud... I just want to save a little money on insurance.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have progressive on our boat and RV but USAA on home and vehicles. Never made a claim with either but our insurance costs did go up.
I’m sure inflation, home prices going up and so on is the culprit.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've checked with my local agents and they aren't even in the same universe price wise. Allstate would have to pay me for accepting their coverage. USAA is a no go, too. I've had horrible luck with USAA insurance...almost as bad as Allstate. Never again for those two.
What was your bad experience with USAA if you don't mind me asking?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The only good experience I've had with USAA is auto loans.

Home loans and insurance? Sucked. Home loan took FOREVER to close mostly due to their incompetence.

I had a homeowner's policy with them. They "inspected" my property and told me I had to clear an area within 200' radius of my home of any/all combustible material and vegetation. 200 feet! Are you kidding me? Well, they weren't kidding. So rather than clear my trees and shrubs and grass I just found someone else.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did two home loans with them and they sold them to some third party mortgage company that was awful (ABN Amro, maybe? can't remember). They too did home inspections later in my policies which more or less were to give them an excuse to potentially deny future claims. I'm considering dropping them but will need to shop around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom