Need Progressive or Liberty Mutual insurance agent in OKC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation for an insurance agent in the OKC area for Progressive? We're getting estimates so we can ditch Allstate and either Progressive or Liberty Mutual are the top 2 so far. Our hail claim from June is still going and now the roofer had to hire an outside mediator to negotiate on their behalf with Allstate and the amount being asked to cover construction. Real PITA!!

I had an agent/broker who provided me declarations then said would get back to me to discuss. 2 weeks went by and nothing. I reminded him and asked if still wanted my business. He replied of course they want my business and would call me that morning. Told him had meetings first half of the day but open 2-5 in afternoon or all afternoon on Friday. No "sorry for not following up" or anything. It's Sunday now and still no call! Needless to say, I'd like for him to call so I can tell him why(won't change anything but make me feel better).

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a problem with Shelter a few years back. The premium sounded great and we bit. About a week later, the agent (or Shelter?) sent out a bill for extra premium and what the "new rate" would be. I called the agent and he said he drove past our house and sad it was worth way more than we told him. His evaluation was 150% of what our house was actually worth as stated on our county evaluation, the comps in our area, and a recent report from an assessor. He would not come down from his "evaluation", we told him to stick his insurance where the sun don't shine and we received a full refund of the premiums from Shelter.

We researched and found 'Amerisurance', an independent agent in Edmond. Good choice. We are treated fairly, the premiums are in line with the evaluation of our current house (and vehicles) as well as what our previous house was. We even had a good renters premium while we lived in a rent house as our new house was being built.

Check them out.

Woody

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
f you have a credit union membership Memberhaven has a bunch of options, with Progressive being one of them. They've saved me a ton over what I was paying on my own.

Also, Safeco is owned by Liberty Mutual and was 1/2 the cost when I had it. LM will low ball you to get you on board and then really jack the rates at renewals over time, but I think most do that. I had my homeowners with LM and Memberhaven originally got me with Safeco for 1/2 the rate and a little better coverage (both autos and house). The ex had too many wrecks and I had to switch, Memberhaven put me with Progressive. Don't have to deal with the ex anymore, so life is good!

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
f you have a credit union membership Memberhaven has a bunch of options, with Progressive being one of them. They've saved me a ton over what I was paying on my own.

Also, Safeco is owned by Liberty Mutual and was 1/2 the cost when I had it. LM will low ball you to get you on board and then really jack the rates at renewals over time, but I think most do that. I had my homeowners with LM and Memberhaven originally got me with Safeco for 1/2 the rate and a little better coverage (both autos and house). The ex had too many wrecks and I had to switch, Memberhaven put me with Progressive. Don't have to deal with the ex anymore, so life is good!

Thanks for the heads up about Memberhaven. I am getting ready to shop around for insurance I will give them a call.

David

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance tip #2 Dont tell them what your current premiums are.
Insurance tip #3 When they say thats OK i can look it up to get you to go ahead and tell them. Just say Im not disclosing my premiums.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a problem with Shelter a few years back. The premium sounded great and we bit. About a week later, the agent (or Shelter?) sent out a bill for extra premium and what the "new rate" would be. I called the agent and he said he drove past our house and sad it was worth way more than we told him. His evaluation was 150% of what our house was actually worth as stated on our county evaluation, the comps in our area, and a recent report from an assessor. He would not come down from his "evaluation", we told him to stick his insurance where the sun don't shine and we received a full refund of the premiums from Shelter.

We researched and found 'Amerisurance', an independent agent in Edmond. Good choice. We are treated fairly, the premiums are in line with the evaluation of our current house (and vehicles) as well as what our previous house was. We even had a good renters premium while we lived in a rent house as our new house was being built.

Check them out.

Woody
About the Shelter guy, If an agent insures your home for less than it’s worth, you’re the one who’s getting screwed. You’ll never get that house rebuilt. Kudos to that guy.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About the Shelter guy, If an agent insures your home for less than it’s worth, you’re the one who’s getting screwed. You’ll never get that house rebuilt. Kudos to that guy.
The company would never have paid out more than the house was actually worth. The agent was simply out for more in premiums.

Woody

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
PROGRESSIVE!?!?!?
Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation for an insurance agent in the OKC area for Progressive? We're getting estimates so we can ditch Allstate and either Progressive or Liberty Mutual are the top 2 so far. Our hail claim from June is still going and now the roofer had to hire an outside mediator to negotiate on their behalf with Allstate and the amount being asked to cover construction. Real PITA!!

I had an agent/broker who provided me declarations then said would get back to me to discuss. 2 weeks went by and nothing. I reminded him and asked if still wanted my business. He replied of course they want my business and would call me that morning. Told him had meetings first half of the day but open 2-5 in afternoon or all afternoon on Friday. No "sorry for not following up" or anything. It's Sunday now and still no call! Needless to say, I'd like for him to call so I can tell him why(won't change anything but make me feel better).
The head of Progressive Insurance donates to extreme left wing groups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom