People are delinquent on almost everything they owe money on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would be nice is if there was a credit card debt guru member here.

Then they could give us all lessons on how to not use our credit cards and to reduce our debt.

Seems like there is a need for that. Someone should start a business like that. Maybe even have a radio show.
Its pretty simple. If you know you wont be able to make the payment at the end of the month, and you know whether you admit it or not, leave the card in your pocket.

Why dont they teach basic economics in grade school or HS.?

Get ready to own nothing an like it..and eat bugs.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week, I was talking to a friend who is the service manager at the Ford dealership in town, and he said they’re selling vehicles like crazy right now. One lady in particular just bought a $92,000 King Ranch F250 and traded in her 2018 King Ranch F250 with only 40,000 miles on it. :scratch:
92K for a Ford? Doh?

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay all my cc’s off at the end of each month and if I buy something around $400.00 they offer monthly payments-which I never accept.
I read an article the other day that a guy was paying $1,200.00 per month on a new pickup and couldn’t afford his rent. There is going to be a glut of vehicles for sale if Biden continues so don’t buy now, save your money. You might get a good deal just to move those doggies off their lot.
He can live in the back of the truck. Wets could put a whole family in there.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like we have generations of folks now that can’t cook their own food, mow their own lawns or replace broken shoelaces. And they wonder why they can’t make ends meet…
Fortunately, shoelaces seem to last much longer now than they did 50 years ago.
Better technology affects everything, I suppose. :hey3:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty simple. If you know you wont be able to make the payment at the end of the month, and you know whether you admit it or not, leave the card in your pocket.

Why dont they teach basic economics in grade school or HS.?

Get ready to own nothing an like it..and eat bugs.
I think it should be taught in school but even more so, it should have been taught at home by a grown up that could add 2+2 and come up with 4.

Years ago I worked with a guy who said his father gave all his boys the same sex education talk:"If you git a girl pregnant, I'll whip your a--!"
The old man probably didn't want to be on the hook financially for what his minor sons did - so I guess that was part economics too.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it should be taught in school but even more so, it should have been taught at home by a grown up that could add 2+2 and come up with 4.

Years ago I worked with a guy who said his father gave all his boys the same sex education talk:"If you git a girl pregnant, I'll whip your a--!"
The old man probably didn't want to be on the hook financially for what his minor sons did - so I guess that was part economics too.
My sex talk from pop was :

"Use a rubber."

Latest posts

Top Bottom