BBC news hard talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To put it in context, most UK media has a distinct love/hate obsession with the US. I lived there during the Bush II era, and there wasn't very much good said until Barack Obama was elected.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problems with the media started long before Foxnews ever came along, only it was all slanted to the left. The tax and spend liberals are just mad someone is giving the other sides views.

Oh blah blah blah. Rick you are a good guy, but you really cannot be so niave as to to blame EVERYTHING on liberals.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read many news sources, both domestic and foreign. That includes CNN, NPR, Fox News, Christian Science Monitor, Al Jazeera, and the BBC. You can get quite a bit of value out of all of them, so long as you exercise your own judgment (which is asking a lot of some people, I know).

Personally, I find BBC news one of the more reasonable sources.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the most part BBC News is a nice counter balance that broadens the view. I do tire of the way they, at times, feel the need to add one last condescending comment to most USA oriented stories. And yes, if pressed (sometimes not very hard) most Brits will admit a feeling of superiority in relation to the USA.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh blah blah blah. Rick you are a good guy, but you really cannot be so niave as to to blame EVERYTHING on liberals.

I do not blame EVERYTHING on liberals, just much of the bad stuff having to do with government.

As for my comment about liberals only wanting to hear things that agree with them, that is very obvious to anyone that follows politics. They want to shut down Foxnews because it's talking heads are slanted to the right and it gives both sides of most news stories. They try to shut up the Tea Parties because they do not want people thinking about just how out of control DC is. I can go on and on and if you want I can dig up the links to back it up.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The BBC is very politicized when it comes to certain issues. I certainly wouldn't call them fair and balanced. Their take on arthropogenic global warming is completely alarmist and not balanced at all, for example.

Latest posts

Top Bottom