BBQ places in Tulsa (or elsewhere) that are gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are actually 2, in Shawnee. The original and a newer one.

Turkey Run, his Missus, and me ate at the original location several years ago after an Eat-n-Shoot.

Yup. There's the one on Highland, with the Charcoal Room downstairs and the one on Harrison, where I mostly go. I usually get a Pig Sandwich and fries. Best fries around! Smother 'em in their sweet & smoky sauce. Hells yeah! :hyper:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
About thirty years ago there was a good place in Sand Springs in a strip mall type area called Smokehouse BBQ.

I ate there about once a week when I was up there for band rehearsal back in those days.

They had a bbq buffet with just about any smoked meat you could want and all the sides and desserts too. I've never seen a bbq spread like it anywhere even at catered events.

It was very inexpensive especially for the quality of the food but the owner would never let me and the other guys in the band pay.

He let us use a room behind the restaurant for practice and always insisted that we ate before we left. After the band broke up I don't think I ever made it back up there to eat so I don't know how much longer it was open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom