Be Careful - Unloaded Guns Will Fire ..... Geeze!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An officer friend of mine was telling me a story about an old POS gun he was booking into the property room. He had removed the magazine, racked the slide and checked it. It had also been done by another officer or two. Well when he started his paper work he tossed it on the desk he was sitting at and it fired and hit the wall behind him barely missing him. The extracter was broken and wasn't pulling the round that was jammed in the barrel. He was very lucky. It was because of that whenever I'm clearing a gun out I will physically clear it, visually check the barrel, then for good measure I always stick my pinky in there, then in the mag well to make sure it's been removed, then once more in the action to check the barrel. May be overkill, but I'm very paranoid about firing off the notorious ND that while cleaning a glock.

But in the context of this story...they are just pushing thier own agenda as everyone does.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, another 'Gem' from a Kalifornia Politician ....... Watch out for those unloaded guns or they will get ya .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsX7STHqNg :laughup:

Had she used "air quotes", this wouldn't be a story at all (or she would be getting respect from the gun community for acknowledging the 1st law of gun safety).

I don't think she meant a truly unloaded gun can shoot someone, but I still disagree with her agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom