1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Bear vs. Hog. Hogs Are Tough! **GRAPHIC**

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Shadowrider, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Needs more than a "like".

JT708 and THAT Gurl like this.
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Appears its a tie.
    Black bears can achieve 30 mph speeds as well as wild hogs.
    Oklahomabassin may be the correct answer with a traffic wounded hog, although we will never know.

trekrok likes this.
  3. Reed4ammo

Reed4ammo Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Ever heard the screams of a wounded rabbit... sweet sweet music... 1 less hog is a good thing

crrcboatz and THAT Gurl like this.
  4. THAT Gurl

THAT Gurl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Funny you should say that. Grumpy had no idea that rabbits can scream.:coffee2:

MacFromOK likes this.
  5. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And you just reminded me that about fifteen years ago an officer was trying to help his daughter with a school science project. She was supposed to display a real skeleton of a rabbit for an exhibit in her class. She was supposed to euthanize the rabbit, strip all the flesh off the bones and put it on display. Kinda like the museum of Osteology displays.

His daughter being the kind hearted animal lover couldn’t bring herself to kill a poor defenseless rabbit. Well, dad trying to help, got a rabbit, put it in a garbage bag and tied it to the exhaust of a car hoping to painlessly gas it to death.

They video taped the process and the rabbit could be heard screaming while being gassed. His division heard about it and saw the tape and he was the subject of all kinds of nicknames and teasing for months afterwards.

6. trekrok

trekrok Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Bet he'd get more than nicknames today.

THAT Gurl likes this.
  7. wawazat

wawazat Sharpshooter

I didnt either after a few years of raising rabbits as a youngster. When I was around 8-10yo, we sold some at our family auction and I was snagging them out of the cage as people picked the ones they wanted and it screamed. It sounded like a little kid in serious pain and startled me enough to drop it. Took me forever to catch the darn thing running around the inside of our arena.

MacFromOK and THAT Gurl like this.
  8. Reed4ammo

Reed4ammo Marksman

Rating
    100%

That's probably the best description you can give... a child screaming bloody murder... nightmare fuel

9. THAT Gurl

THAT Gurl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    True. But you haven't lived until you've been woken up outta a dead sleep by a peacock's mating call. JHFC! I literally thought for a split second about calling county. Glad I didn't. It was my dad's peacocks -- they were walking around on top of the single-wide my kids and I were staying in -- screeching to high heaven. I'd have sworn on a stack of Bibles tall as I am that a full-grown woman was being gutted. :giveup:

Reed4ammo likes this.
  10. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was around 8-9 when I first heard one. I tracked down the noise, and a chicken snake was trying to swallow a baby bunny whole.

I rescued the bunny, but the snake got away. So he may have wound up with a rabbit dinner sometime later anyway...
    :drunk2:

THAT Gurl likes this.