Been gone awhile, so I have a story of encouragement!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the goverment does offer a loan forgiveness for teachers, it has certain criteria and everything but it would be sweet! Thanks for the encouragement.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife taught Special Ed for a couple of years and loved it! She, too, is Alt. Certified and now is curriculum director and district test coordinator. So glad to hear of someone who actually feels like they are doing something important with their life, not just earning a check. Stick with, you'll be great at it!

Yeah it is funny because I actually started the program as an alterantive placement canidate. but now that I already work for the school I don't have to do some of the additional steps for the certification process. Pretty sweet I think...

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why did you decide no law enforcement??? Just curious because the same thing happened to me (always wanted to be a deputy, then the dream kinda slipped away)

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing but respect for the special ed teachers that actually take an interest in the kids and help them. I was a science teacher for several years and I've seen it both ways. The majority of the special ed teachers are worth their weight in gold. We had one that was pretty much useless.

Another education related job that I have a lot of respect for is the janitorial staff. I was in one school that had a bad staff. Believe me, they make a difference in the kid's morale.

In all honesty, while I was a fairly decent teacher for kids without learning disabilities, I was horrible with special needs kids. I just had no idea how to reach them. Thank you for your care and ability to reach these kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom