I have never had so much trouble...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can also get a full refund of your costco membership anytime later if you don't like it lol.

Yep. I don't remember what happened but they pissed me off SO bad I told them to just cancel my membership. Imagine my surprise when I got a refund check in the mail for $100. I had cancelled my membership ONE WEEK before I hit the one-year mark. 🤷🤷

Oh I REMEMBER now!! The ****ing pharmacist treated me like I was some kind of raging zombie meth-head when I tried to fill my prescription from pain management. Honestly I don't know who was more pissed off -- me or Grumpy. Usually one of us will keep our cool if the other one is losing it but not that day. Bastards ... But anyway, we basically got to shop there for a whole year for free. 🤷🤷

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
trying to spend $1000. Ive been trying for 3 weeks to get a new upright freezer. I knew there would be some good sales around the Labor Day weekend so I started checking with Lowes. (one would think I had learned my lesson after the @RickN mower debacle) but I was shopping at the Lowes in Mustang rather than that craphole in Edmond. It was 1 thing after another so I turned to home depot and then Harrys appliance store, which my mom has used for many years and swears by. Harrys were $100 higher for the same model I found at home depot but at this point I dont care. I have $1500 in meat and my 20+ year old Maytag has suddenly started growing a small glacier from the top coil down. I mean this ice is growing by the day like a small hippo.
I considered getting a new door seal but that was going to be $200 and my luck, the damn thing would quit a week later because its old. Like close to 30 years old.
Harrys said it would be last saturday and they would call ahead...no call, no show. I called today and chewed some butt in hopes they would bring it today. Nope, it will now be this Thurs. or Fri.

Rant off.
Sorry to tell you but the sales were in june. I snatched one up because the fathers day storm killed mine.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Costco membership is only $50 or so. Or maybe $100 for the one that gets you cash back and free deliveries like Sam's? :anyone:

But I'd unload that thing, unplug it, roll it out in the driveway and take a water hose to it to thaw it out. My mom's was not holding temp and it was totally clogged in the drain. I had an honest repairman tell me to completely defrost it and it would be fixed. Turned out he was right. It took overnight to get it all thawed in the lower backend of it too.

Yours does look like it may be a gasket issue too. Worse case is some saran wrap or wax on the cabinet face and some clear rtv on the door seal. Might work until you get another...
I "fixed" the door gasket on my old chest freezer, and the the disintegrating plastic inside lid liner, with closed cell foam camping mats. Just glued pieces of mat to cover the entire inside of the lid. Got about 2 more years of use out of it. These things: Robot or human? Ignore the Robot or human label, it's a link to Walmart's camping mats.

They were a bunch cheaper then, but the gasket was, as you said, about $200. And I only paid $200 for the whole freezer when it was new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom