Have got to go purchase a battery this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet this morning and purchase a new battery for the 03' Suburban.....it's a 75-DL Duralast from Autozone and guess I can't really complain because it's just two months shy of being six years old so I feel I've more than got my money out of it.

From looking at my records I'll be paying $78.00 OTD more for it today than I paid back in Feb. 2018 but with everything else being higher now that's to be expected......I've been using Duralast batteries in our three vehicles for many years and have never had one that didn't last well beyond the warranty.

Hopefully I can get it jump started with the pickup, without pulling it, then drive over and let them stand out in the cold and change it. :)

https://www.autozone.com/batteries-...ery-bci-group-size-75-630-cca-75-dl/18327_0_0

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if factory batteries are made to a different spec but my 04 pickups battery lasted till 2014, happened to get a $50 coupon from the dealer about the time it went out so got one there, even with the coupon it was about the same price as any other replacements BUT that battery is still going strong, 2004 and only it's second battery. The other daily driver's original 2014 lasted 9+ years, so trying the factory again, pricey but comes out cheaper in the long run.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ask for your veteran discount it is 10% at autozone also O'Reillys has one too, I just had to put a new battery in my car last week I put a new one in it in 2019 it really seems like they don't last as long as they used to.
Thanks again for the veterans discount tip.....just got back from Autozone and counting the $20.66 vet discount my total OTD was $185.95 installed.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if factory batteries are made to a different spec but my 04 pickups battery lasted till 2014, happened to get a $50 coupon from the dealer about the time it went out so got one there, even with the coupon it was about the same price as any other replacements BUT that battery is still going strong, 2004 and only it's second battery. The other daily driver's original 2014 lasted 9+ years, so trying the factory again, pricey but comes out cheaper in the long run.

Bought my tractor new in 05. Replaced original battery last week. 18 yrs kinda hard to believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom