Might be parting ways with an old friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If hamster is kid friendly why not sell the 22 year old to a guaranteed good kid home?

Prices have gone through the roof. You used to be able to pick up a good grade gelding that had been slaved for a couple years in the feedlots up north for 2500 from the Mexicans in the winter when jackpots were the furthest thing from anyone’s mind and nobody was buying. Good using horses that could drag a fat up out of the lot and had some outside sense to them. They want 7500 now.

Your horse oughta be worth north of 10 with as much cow as he showed in those videos though, even at his age.

Edited to add that your 22 year old kid horse is probably worth 5 or more the right buyer. It’s crazy, but there’s no good horses out there for less.
Yessir that is sound logic but the problem is that the 22 year old horse raised my 14 year old daughter and he’s now raising my 8 year old daughter. So for me he probably has more sentimental value since he’s taken care of those girls and he’s not worth as much money as this 17 year old horse. I believe the values you put on both horses to be right in line with what I think.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s the compilation video that has been posted to advertise him. There’s no riding on sale day. The horses are lead in the sale ring and sold. The only info a potential buyer has is that video and contacting us owners before sale day. I think this video demonstrates several good qualities for a buyer to recognize. Oh and his registered name is Mr Millie but I name him Hamster when we met because he looked nothing like a small cute hamster.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He’s a stout good looking horse. If you weren’t using a horse to make a living, I’d say let him live out his life in the pasture, but I understand about needing the money for a younger horse. Since Covid, the prices have increased substantially, and they have stayed pretty high since then. Hopefully, he goes to a good home. He still has a few good years ahead of him, and he would make a great kid’s horse with a little get up and go. Good luck with the sale.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cowcatcher,
He is a dang good looking horse for sure!
Thank you! He looks nice on the camera but you really can’t see how big he really is. I’m 6’2” and 240 pounds and doesn’t make me look like a giant sitting on a football. This colt I been riding I fell like I could click my heels together. I keep telling myself that with time and feed he will get bigger.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you! He looks nice on the camera but you really can’t see how big he really is. I’m 6’2” and 240 pounds and doesn’t make me look like a giant sitting on a football. This colt I been riding I fell like I could click my heels together. I keep telling myself that with time and feed he will get bigger.

Man ... You and Hamster were built for each other, huh?? Lol

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the videos of him and when the camera got the yearlings you were cutting out close to Hamster you could get a good idea of his size.

I’ve got a need and a definite want for a good horse but dang I just didn’t realize how much a working horse was bringing these days.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After thinking about things, I’m pretty sure that @Cowcatcher is trying to sell one of us a horse. For those of y’all falling for his story about Hamster being such a great horse, you might want to search for some of his postings recently about being laid up with some busted bones. Typical horse salesman!
3C252317-50C0-4204-9B76-F51A77DE9DD1.jpeg

This post is pure sarcasm in case you can’t tell.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After thinking about things, I’m pretty sure that @Cowcatcher is trying to sell one of us a horse. For those of y’all falling for his story about Hamster being such a great horse, you might want to search for some of his postings recently about being laid up with some busted bones. Typical horse salesman!
View attachment 414717
This post is pure sarcasm in case you can’t tell.
Shhhhhh! You’re gonna mess it all up.

Actually I came off the horse I’m replacing hamster with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom