Behold....The finest fighting handgun made!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HK engineers their magazines for reliability, not capacity. They do hold less rounds than most of their competitor's mags do, but they are designed with maximum reliability in mind, not maximum capacity.

I’ve heard this before from HK Guys. I’ve always wondered why when my Sig 15 round mags are nothing short of perfect after several 1000 rounds?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard this before from HK Guys. I’ve always wondered why when my Sig 15 round mags are nothing short of perfect after several 1000 rounds?

Maybe because several thousand rounds is no big deal? But then; if something was going to break, like the mag lips, then you think it would happen by then. Mags were one of the reasons I couldn’t abide by Kahr handguns (besides the trigger). The biggest problem I seemed to have with them was more one of design, I think, than mechanical failure, in that the top round seemed to want to pop out too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe because several thousand rounds is no big deal? But then; if something was going to break, like the mag lips, then you think it would happen by then. Mags were one of the reasons I couldn’t abide by Kahr handguns (besides the trigger). The biggest problem I seemed to have with them was more one of design, I think, than mechanical failure, in that the top round seemed to want to pop out too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto on the Kahr but I actually liked the trigger.

Back in the torture test post. 91,322 rounds fired and he had the original 2 mags shipped with the gun, plus 6 more that he borrowed. That would break down to 761 times those mags were loaded to capacity. Durable? I'd say so. This is why I'm skeptical of the Sig P365 mags holding up. I hope they do, but I think the springs are going to need replaced very often. Time will tell.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no better made, better feeling, more durable gun made today. It's accurate too.

View attachment 117865
Except, of course, for this.

178055_01_lg_0_0.jpg

Seriously, yours is a fine choice, but I like this better. Wheelgun man from a long ago era, here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom