Beretta 92 fs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any comments on the Beretta 92FS. Thinking of getting one but like to hear comments from those that own one. They look great and bet they are fun to shoot. Just not sure about any issues they may have. I know there were some slide problems, but I think they were corrected.
Any comments would be appreciated.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have big palms and normal fingers. In golf I wear a Med. Large glove. Grip size is more important than most people know. I have been looking for one at a gun shop, but have yet to find one, to get the feel of the grip. It's a great looking gun and want to buy either this or the M9A1 USMC. Again not sure about the grip.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the gun but as stated above, size matters. I don't have a big issue with the grip, I carry an S&W M&P9c, which is a double stack. The 92FS grip is bigger but thickness isn't an issue.
Best I can say is it shoots where you point it, I can shoot it with some accuracy, probably moreso than my 9c.
I have been looking at the 92 Compact, just can't part with the money yet.

You'll like shooting the gun, there's no doubt.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some say they're too big for a 9mm and they're out dated. They are large and the platform is nearly 40 years old, but in my opinion, the '92 is one of the best 9mm handguns available. I've shot some seriously worn armory M9s and have never encountered a problem.
The slide problems you may have heard about were probably based on the mid 1980's military tests. Apparently, after several thousand rounds a slide or two came off and boinked the guy firing the gun. Beretta corrected the slide stop issue. (I'm just repeating what I've read from internet experts) The 92FS is really over built, I wouldn't be concerned a bit.
Like S4F said above, people love them or hate them.
The only issue I've had with them is that they make me want one or two of each version. 92SB, 92FS, Compact, Centurion, Brigadier, 92G, 92D, blued, INOX...etc. (if anyone has a 92D or G that they don't love, point them in my direction)

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I joined the US Army in 1976 you got issued a M16A1 or a M1911A1(Which for the most part were pretty worn out), and as much as I loved the 1911A1 pistol, I could see the need for something new. In 1985/86 we got the Beretta 92FS/M9. Just like every firearm issued to the military she had her growing pains, some real, some myth. She is larger than the 1911, but she has proved herself well for the past 30 years, and unless the military decides on some other platform she may be around for another 30 plus. I for one love mine. I've gone through lots of guns in the past 40 years, but always seem to come back to the grand old lady!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are coming out with an A3 version if you like a thinner grip. It's the old vertec grip making a come back.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good gun, but has a fat ass grip. I have pretty average hands and it's too big for my comfort. I don't have a ton of experience with it, aside from annual quals, but even those super high round training guns work well.