Berkey Water Purifier, anyone with expereince with one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the stainless "Big Berkey" at the house....been using it for over two years and love it. Doesn't take up much counter space....

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does that thing sit on the counter and you have to refill it all the time?
I use tye tripple filtered reverse osmosis system from Lowes for the past 9 years and we love it.
The system goes under sink and a tap at the sink is all you see.
Around $150 OTD if i recall.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does that thing sit on the counter and you have to refill it all the time?
I use tye tripple filtered reverse osmosis system from Lowes for the past 9 years and we love it.
The system goes under sink and a tap at the sink is all you see.
Around $150 OTD if i recall.

Yes, sits on the counter but we only use it for drinking water/coffee. It filters more 'stuff' than regular home improvement store filters and can still be used to filter water if city water goes out.

Just depends what the OP is looking for...something to make the water taste better or something that makes the water taste better and can be used for emergency water supply.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
prepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually it would be good for that, wouldn't it? But that ain't why she wants it. she has been drinking distilled water for years, and is tired of storing and messing with the jugs. My self, I prefer the nutrients and minerals in tap water.

Noober1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got one...... it's a very smart thing to have right now. Prepping or not.... I say buy! I've backpacked in the Mountains for years and it's the same tech I use when backpacking. I found a propur on Ebay for cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom