Berkey Water Purifier, anyone with expereince with one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, sits on the counter but we only use it for drinking water/coffee. It filters more 'stuff' than regular home improvement store filters and can still be used to filter water if city water goes out.

Just depends what the OP is looking for...something to make the water taste better or something that makes the water taste better and can be used for emergency water supply.
The OP, being extremely dumb, but not a complete idiot, is looking for what ever will make the wife happy. Although I don't know why. Just today I bought her a brand new set of blades, for her 15 yr. old riding lawn mower, for her birthday, which is in sept. Anyway I sincerely thank you all for the input.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get the under sink reverse osmosis with i think 20 gallon tanks. So where do you get your water supply? This thing makes it's own water?

There's water everywhere...I suppose you think meat comes from the grocery store?

To the OP, I didn't think you were stupid, just pointing out that a Berkey has more than one purpose...I have no idea what factors will make your wife happy. If she isnt interested in emergency use then an under sink model might work just fine.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have one and it's outstanding. We have to refill it every other day or so, but it's only because we use it so much. We even make our ice cubes out of the Berkey water (your drinks will taste so much better with Berkey ice).

It was one of the best purchases we've made for our kitchen.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's water everywhere...I suppose you think meat comes from the grocery store?

To the OP, I didn't think you were stupid, just pointing out that a Berkey has more than one purpose...I have no idea what factors will make your wife happy. If she isnt interested in emergency use then an under sink model might work just fine.
SMS, Thanks much for your input, No, I didn't take it that way at all. Just stating a fact, I am pretty dumb. She ordered one last night, I think. Actually, the emergency aspects, could be extremely useful. Again thanks, this was exactly the info she was after.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The OP, being extremely dumb, but not a complete idiot, is looking for what ever will make the wife happy. Although I don't know why. Just today I bought her a brand new set of blades, for her 15 yr. old riding lawn mower, for her birthday, which is in sept. Anyway I sincerely thank you all for the input.

Hey big spender, slow down, you still have a lot of livin to do.

Noober1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have we covered how a Reverse Osmosis is Different than a Ceramic Gravity fed filter?

RO Water creates "waste water" (and don't quote me on this but I believe they require line pressure)

Gravity Fed Units are perfect for emergencies because you can gather you water from anywhere, dump, then done. I think Ceramic Gravity Fed is the way to go for Emergencies.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have the Big Berkey and love it. We thought about RO but decided against it for prepper reasons. The filters are good for about 2000 gallons. Then take out rinse off and use again. Main reason we got it is you can take it camping, b.o.b., you name it. We are in tulsa and especially since they started using the chloramides for the water treatment, I was really concerned so with the Berkey I not only do not have to be concerned with that but my kids wont drink out of the tap. Well worth the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom