Bersa Thunder any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieZombies

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are very positive responses. My question is, why doesn't this gun come up more often in the discussion of the .380 pocket guns? We mostly hear about Kahr, K-tec and LCP. How does it compare to those?

B

It's slightly too big to be a pocket gun (unless you are talking about a Carhardt pocket or something).

It's still pretty slim, super reliable, and accurate out to 25 meters.

It will outshoot the LCP anyday - but it's a bigger gun.
If you want a dedicated, CCW only, carry anywhere gun - go with the LCP.
If you are comfortable carrying IWB and want the ability to be more accurate than Center-of-mass at 10 yards.... go with the Bersa.

Does that help?

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see... so it is bigger than the LCP. How would it compare in size to the Taurus P709 Slim which is a 9mm. Similar in size perhaps.

B

Christopher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my bersa .380, carried it for years and still do when I don't want to take the g19. Only problem I've ever had is the occasional surface rust on the slide.

OkieZombies

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see... so it is bigger than the LCP. How would it compare in size to the Taurus P709 Slim which is a 9mm. Similar in size perhaps.

B

I'm not sure, I run from anything that says Taurus on it.

It's about the same size as the Walther PPK. Looks the same too. Internals are different though - but with reliability going in favor of the Bersa.

The LCP is about the same dimension as a deck of cards.

If you want a pure pocket gun - go with the LCP.
If you want more versatility - go with the Bersa.
Don't expect the LCP to be a pleasant shooter or accurate out past 10 yards.
Don't expect the Bersa to be concealable in a speedo.

As long as you recognize the differences - either are good picks.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my .380 Bersa quite a bit. The reason I do not carry it all the time is that it is all steel and a little heavy as compared to my 642.

it shoots very accurate i think because it has a fixed barrel.

very fun to shoot, feels good, single action or double. my single action trigger pull is pretty long.

i think it is a great buy.

the only problem i have had is 1. it shot very low but i fixed that 2. when I insert the mag the slide slams shut.

Reaction score
My opinion is that the Bersas are a smokin value, whether large, small, 9x19, .380, .45, whatever. High quality materials used for a great price. They function well and have a lot of features, too. Only knock is the grips tend to be on the large side.

Still kicking myself for selling my Thunder fullsized in 9x19mm.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned one, and I generally liked it except that it would always jam every 30 to 50 rounds. Because of that, I could not trust my life to it, and I sold it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom