Best boot protectant???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

My wife bought me some "SWAT" style boots. She heard me and some buddies talkin' huntin' boots and bought these for me.

They're extremely light weight, leather/nylon, have lace up on the front but have a zipper on the side of the boot.

Obviously..they're not waterproof and I try not to wade in water with hunting boots. Waders, yes...hunting boots, not so much.

So, whats the newest,latest and greatest waterproof...or really..water resistant goop. My nephew likes some sort of Doc Martin fancy dancy stuff. Me, I usually buy whatever Langstons in Stockyards is selling that season.

So,what do you use and recommend...or what to stay away from.

Cohiba

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Doc Marten stuff worked well to treat leather and keep it supple and conditioned, but I wouldn't say it is a great waterproofing agent. I used it on casual leather shoes and jackets.

Try Sno Seal.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have used SnoSeal....any other?? May have to see what Sam's supply on agnew has and Bass Pro
in Bricktown. Could have sworn that Doc Martin stuff was water proof..he ordered ot off their website
I thought....not the same stuff Academy carries. May be wrong on that answer.

Cobiba

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a coincidence, my wife just bought me a pair of boots that match that same description. I got em at Red Wings and was planning to just get their oil, it's not super expensive. My dad always uses kiwi for his though, and that seems to work for him.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I remember!!! It was Doc Marten..dubbin... yes, dubbin by Doc Marten.

I just can't remember if he got it in the UK when he was there or if he ordered it on-line.

This gettin' old is for the birds!!!!!

Cohiba

True, but consider the alternative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom