Best Mexican Fast Food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mexican Fast Food Joint do you like best?

• Taco Bueno

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Taco Hell

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Del Taco

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Casa of Tacos( or whatever it) is in Yukon

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Green bean burritos from Taco Bell were my favorite for nearly 40 years. Unfortunately, they did away with the green sauce. :( However, I still love the hard shell tacos!!
I ate nothing but their beef burritos with green sauce until they discontinued it. Now it all tastes like I imagine Alpo would.

I've eaten at Taco Casa a couple of times and liked it well enough but there isn't one near me.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loves me some Mexican Fast Food. Color me goofy, but man, I can flat-out eat some fast food tacos and Burritos! So; my question is: Which of the Mexican Fast Food joints like Taco Bueno, Taco Hell, Del Taco, or the new place out in Yukon...Casa Taco-Something, do you all like? I have four Fast Food Mexican Joints within a couple of miles, that's one reason not to sell my house and move.

I expect some willl respond with an air of disdain; and yes; I too much prefer a quality restaurant myslef..but humor me please.

(Tarahumarras in Norman would get my vote for fine Mexican dining).

TacoVille on 29th/Newcastle/Portland is awesome for the crispy texmex taco you will find eat the places you have listed. Same with Mid-Del Taco at 15th an Sunnylane in Del City. Formally called Del Taco until forced to change their name. Both have a lengthy history.

For authentic, Tocos Don Nacho rocks for a sit down. Tacos San Pedro on SW 44th second.
Mr. Dolar (or Mr. Dollar spelt both ways on the same truck) trucks in various areas. There is also a Taco bus near H&H on Reno and Quapah that is excellent.

Tarahumara’s is awesome. I eat there at least once a week!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I plan my errands in OKC around a visit to Sanchez Tacaria near 10th and Tulsa. I just call it the blue taco truck. Used to be only $5 but they went up to 6. Street tacos, rice and beans, relish and their homemade salsa. I just get the #1 with steak.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, Try Tacos Don Nachos for the best street tacos I think are around. Its not fast food but sorta. They have a drive through or you can go inside and sit but the food is always out in under 5 minutes. Also their salsa is the best. I buy it buy the pint for $2.50

Dang! I forgot about this place; they do have the best darn street tacos I ever thrung a lip over. On about SW 32 and Council in OKC right? The big platter of some knid of meat (carne asada, I think) smothered up with sliced avocados is darn fine eatin' too. I think it's called the Taco Rico Plate?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Dang! I forgot about this place; they do have the best darn street tacos I ever thrung a lip over. On about SW 32 and Council in OKC right? The big platter of some knid of meat (carne asada, I think) smothered up with sliced avocados is darn fine eatin' too. I think it's called the Taco Rico Plate?
Yes that address sounds close. Next to Dollar General on Council. I get the 3 taco special and get Lengua meat (tongue) And they are awesome. Also the crispy tacos with ground beef are another favorite.
And the Shrimp Cocktail mexican style is very light but filling and tasty.
I live 1 mile straight west of it as the crow flies and I eat there at least once a week. Try the breakfast also.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
TacoVille on 29th/Newcastle/Portland is awesome for the crispy texmex taco you will find eat the places you have listed. Same with Mid-Del Taco at 15th an Sunnylane in Del City. Formally called Del Taco until forced to change their name. Both have a lengthy history.

For authentic, Tocos Don Nacho rocks for a sit down. Tacos San Pedro on SW 44th second.
Mr. Dolar (or Mr. Dollar spelt both ways on the same truck) trucks in various areas. There is also a Taco bus near H&H on Reno and Quapah that is excellent.

Tarahumara’s is awesome. I eat there at least once a week!
We have one of those Dollar taco trucks a few blocks from my house. I've never bought anything from there because I'm not into "real" Mexican food but I've heard it is good.

A friend brought me a big burrito from there that had steak? in it that was pretty good. If I ever tried it again I would get it without the rice. I'm not a fan of rice in a burrito.

Latest posts

Top Bottom