Best overall pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, does anyone make a good pair of jeans that won't tear the belt loop if you pull them up by one? Both Levi's and Wrangler will tear off the bottom of the loop, if you so much as think of lifting with them. I don't recall having this problem with the Levi's I wore back in the 80s. The subsequent 20 years I mostly wore scrubs, so I didn't get into jeans much. The last 10 years have been the crappy belt loop sewing.
Wear a belt and grab the belt not the loop.... Had to train myself to leave the loops alone, lol.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear Wrangler 13mwz jeans like I started wearing in the 70’s. I’m fairly hard on them and yet still get several years out of a pair.
I'm the same, except I had to graduate up to the 31mwzpw "relaxed" fit. I think me more than the jeans "relaxed" 🤣

I'm hard on them and they're just getting good when they are almost whitewashed. About that time the entire knee will just blow out.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Pants Overall are Overall Pants.
No gun belt too heavy. (Shoulder straps work well for Boulder Holders and they do so too for Big Bore Blasters.) Keep 'em up.
No meal too large. ( Buttons on the sides of the hips for Controlled Expansion
llke your favorite boolits, most accommodating for the Buffet Bums.
No Pants on the Ground. Take it from the General Larry Platt, no one wants to see your willie in Walmart.

HIT IT !!!

zackmac26

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
For rip-stop type pants, I really love the LA Police Gear stuff, for a heavier work pant, I’m partial to the Duluth trading pants, and for jeans, I have worn those 5.11 Defender-Flex jeans everyday for the past few years and I’ve never had any issues. I work mine pretty hard and I’ve never had the “snag” issue you described.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had good luck with RedHead Ultimate Work Pants; bought a few on sale at Cabelas: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/redhead-ultimate-work-pants-for-men

Going to have to try the Duluth Firehose pants. The RedHead pants are fairly heavy-duty yet comfortable. I just wish they had as many pockets as 5-11s. I'm a fan of pocket pistols in Kydex holsters, so the front pockets need to be roomy. Also need a pocket for my cell phone that completely separates it from my pistol, as banging phones and pistols together is hard on one's screen protector.

Latest posts

Top Bottom