Best overall pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to your local army/navy surplus and get some BDU pants. Tough as nails.
I used to wear them in the day. Some were hand-me-downs from a family member stationed in the army.

Those were the good ones.

But the last pair I bought some 20+ years ago, they used a piss-poor quality of nylon for the pockets and the pockets wore out prematurely!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come to like the logger / carpenter jeans with the extra pockets on the legs.

I prefer the deep slash front pockets of them to the more traditional jeans too.

My big problem is tearing out the crotch.

Spring of 2023 I picked up some carpenter jeans with the stretchy fabric and noticed I can move better. I am pretty active and always climbing on something, bending, etc.

I really like the material of my old USA made Carhartt logger jeans with the double front, but need stretchy football shaped gusset in the crotch.

Newer clothing just seems paper thin! ☹️

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, does anyone make a good pair of jeans that won't tear the belt loop if you pull them up by one? Both Levi's and Wrangler will tear off the bottom of the loop, if you so much as think of lifting with them. I don't recall having this problem with the Levi's I wore back in the 80s. The subsequent 20 years I mostly wore scrubs, so I didn't get into jeans much. The last 10 years have been the crappy belt loop sewing.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can comment with credible info.
I just retired from Duluth Trading Co. I earned certification on many of the product lines especially pants.
The Fire Hose pants are great. They have three different weights so you can choose how thick you need them. They also have three different sizes, slim/standard/flex. The construction is second to none. Plenty of pockets, triple stitching on seams, extra material on cuffs, and the crouch gusset. Also, there is a percentage of flex woven into the pants. That really makes the fit in waist and thighs great. Also a one year warranty on workmanship/materials.
Not the cheapest pants, but watch for the discount sales.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can comment with credible info.
I just retired from Duluth Trading Co. I earned certification on many of the product lines especially pants.
The Fire Hose pants are great. They have three different weights so you can choose how thick you need them. They also have three different sizes, slim/standard/flex. The construction is second to none. Plenty of pockets, triple stitching on seams, extra material on cuffs, and the crouch gusset. Also, there is a percentage of flex woven into the pants. That really makes the fit in waist and thighs great. Also a one year warranty on workmanship/materials.
Not the cheapest pants, but watch for the discount sales.
I loved the firehose burly carpenter pant, but they quit making them I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom