I showed mercy to a home invader,,, and now regret it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When out of the corner of my eye I see one of those tiny (1/2") black furry spiders,,,
You know the hairy ones I'm talking about,,,
That look like a tiny tarantula.
Those are good ones along with wolfies.

I watched one of those little black ones nab a fly on my pepper plants in my elevated garden box once. It stalked that fly down, then bum rushed and viciously tackled and killed it with me standing right there a foot away watching the show. Then it just casually disappeared over the back edge of the planter box to eat it or stow it, I don't really know. He or she was my guard spider from that point on. lol

I just shew 'em outside now.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t mind most snakes. Venomous ones are relocated if it’s convenient, otherwise they get the express bus to snake heaven. All the rest are welcome here. They won’t hang around if there’s nothing to eat. If there’s something for them to eat I want them here. Nothing worse than a house full of rodents and bugs.
I even caught a couple rat snakes and brought them to my old house to help with the gophers there.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I flooded the space behind my stove yesterday around noon,,,
I haven't seen one of the nasty critters today,,,
Perhaps I got 'em all with that blast.

Or,,, They're just waiting for me to relax,,,
And drag me down all at once.

I hate spiders in my house,,,
I watched too many giant bug movies as a kid.

Aarond

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, called Tishomingo, two friends and I lived in a roadside motel w/kitchenette. We spent almost a year there, studying at the local Federation University.
Just above the door between kitchenette and living(?) room was the grotto of Sam, one of those black arachnids you speak of.
Since he had no source of monetary income with which to pay his share of the rent, we made a “deal”. We gave him safe harbor and he ate as many roaches and other monstrosities as he could hold. All went well! Good deal.
Leave him alone!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's it cost to kill off some gophers?
I got a buddy that handles all my gopher and mole work.....I'll send him your way.

goph2.jpg

goph1.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom