Best Recipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So reading the Oklahoma Cuisine thread had me boommarking recipes for later and wanting more, so why not start a thread? I will go firdt, though I have nothing exciting to offer

What is your favorite/go-to recipe for get togethers or just a special meal?

My favorite and easy recipe is flatbread pesto pizza:
-Flatbread or thin crust pizza dough
-sliced pears
-gorgonzola and mozzarella cheese
-Small chicken cubes sauteed in balsamic vinegar
-pesto sauce.
Spread pesto then pears, chicken, and cheese on dough. Bake at 400ish until cheese melted and browned.

I also like peppers of all sorts cut up, filled with cream cheese and bacon, wrapped in crescent roll dough similar to the recipe in the Ok Cuisine thread.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of files on my computer I've backed up to email that have dozens upon dozens of recipes I stole off of Facebook before I deleted my account on there. I've only gotten the chance to make a couple, but I have like a billion to try! :D A bunch of 'em I also swiped the pics and incorporated into the Word document.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We don't have many family gatherings anymore, it seems everyone does their own thing these days, but my cheese dip was always a favorite with the group.

The recipe is simple enough, but it sure is tastey.

I mix Velveeta, salsa, green chiles, and browned, crumbled breakfast sausage for a crowd pleasing dip with tortilla chips.

It is also good on tacos or as a filling for enchiladas or burrotos.

Another favorite is my Smoked Red Beans.

Its a more complicated undertaking, but well worth the effort.

I usually smoke a ham and turkey for the holidays using my electric smoker with a water pan.

After having red beans and rice with a smokey flavor at Pearl's years ago, I wanted to try my own version.

I came up with the idea to add red beans to the water pan to get the flavor I was looking for.

The water pan holds two pounds of beans, so it makes a lot. I add cajun spice and a few others to taste, and fill the pan with water.

The best part is I place the ham on the rack just above the water pan so it catches all the good drippingd from the smoked ham.

After everyting has been in the smoker about twelve hours, I finish cooking the beans on the stove until they are tender and the juice is thick like gravy.

These red beans over rice with some anduoille sausage and covered in cheddar cheese are crazy good!

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have many family gatherings anymore, it seems everyone does their own thing these days, but my cheese dip was always a favorite with the group.

The recipe is simple enough, but it sure is tastey.

I mix Velveeta, salsa, green chiles, and browned, crumbled breakfast sausage for a crowd pleasing dip with tortilla chips.

It is also great on tacos or for a cheesy enchilada or burrito fillling.

I absolute always throw sausage in with mine these days. Fabulous!

A little milk in the mix thins it out some, and also helps keep it from congealing so quickly when it starts to cool off! ;)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My "regulars" are:
Deer Chili
The Catfish fry with homegrown tomatoes, fried taters & onions...
Achiote Pork Tacos
Vietnamese Stir-Fry wild pork
And should someone shoot a small pig...BBQ, slow smoked...

Check out the recipes in the Hunting and Fishing section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom