Best Shotgun Maker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously Benelli and Beretta are top notch. Are there other shotgun manfuacturers out there that produce comparable quality guns.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe a class of shotgun would help out this thread. If we are talking about semi's, Baikal in Russia is actually the most sold semi auto in the world. For competition autos, Benelli then FNH. Over and Unders, I would say Perazzi or Kemen for competition guns. For Hunting over and unders, Browning and Beretta are probably tops. Pump guns would get the Benelli vote for sure then Remington and or Ithaca.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own one yet, but I've done a lot of research and from what I have read, I don't know if there is a better shotgun available than the Beretta Xtrema II.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe a class of shotgun would help out this thread. If we are talking about semi's, Baikal in Russia is actually the most sold semi auto in the world. For competition autos, Benelli then FNH. Over and Unders, I would say Perazzi or Kemen for competition guns. For Hunting over and unders, Browning and Beretta are probably tops. Pump guns would get the Benelli vote for sure then Remington and or Ithaca.

Don't forget Krieghoff.

For me it would be FNH for a tactical auto, Beretta or Benelli for a hunting auto (dependent on application), pump would be Benelli & Remington, and OU would be Browning.

For a top badazz shottie iot would be a Tromix Saiga! :)

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't forget Krieghoff.

For me it would be FNH for a tactical auto, Beretta or Benelli for a hunting auto (dependent on application), pump would be Benelli & Remington, and OU would be Browning.

For a top badazz shottie iot would be a Tromix Saiga! :)

I shot a K-80 for years and they are fine, but not in the same boat IMHO as the MX-8B or the KM4.
Saiga's look ok and tacticool, but don't run worth a hoot! :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot a K-80 for years and they are fine, but not in the same boat IMHO as the MX-8B or the KM4.
Saiga's look ok and tacticool, but don't run worth a hoot! :)

I assume the smiley means you're joking, right? :)

I have about 500 malf free rounds through mine. Since I don't shoot much competition with it I doubt I'll be putting it's endurance to test very quickly like some.

How many rounds would a high volume shooter normally get through a Benelli before it starts needing work?

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boss & Co. or Holland & Holland.
In my opinion; either of these two could be the best.

If you can provide a little more detailed request, someone with experience it that particular action type or application may be able to lend a greater amount of advice.
I'm willing to help if possible...presuming it's within my limited knowledge base. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom