Best Shotgun Maker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boss & Co. or Holland & Holland.
In my opinion; either of these two could be the best.

If you can provide a little more detailed request, someone with experience it that particular action type or application may be able to lend a greater amount of advice.
I'm willing to help if possible...presuming it's within my limited knowledge base. ;)

12 ga. Semi-Auto, for Bird, Skeet, Trap

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry, don't know the extremelly high end guns at all. but for the regular hunting guns, it is really hard to beat a beretta. Tactical..I like a beretta. Over/under....no idea, but my BIL has a sweet ruger red label? pump....do they make a high end pump?

whatever the case, if you want to fondle some Daaaaaaamn expensive shottys, go out to Gene Sears supply in El Reno, oK.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I assume the smiley means you're joking, right? :)

I have about 500 malf free rounds through mine. Since I don't shoot much competition with it I doubt I'll be putting it's endurance to test very quickly like some.

How many rounds would a high volume shooter normally get through a Benelli before it starts needing work?

Not at all. In 3-gun there are some folks that keep trying to get Saiga's to run to no avail. They can not hang with the Benelli's for high round count rigorous shooting. They look cool but one will never be in my safe. They are about as reliable as a bad mossberg from what I have seen. We have even let them into tactical class in 3 gun. Although they have a detachable magazine a Saiga will/has never run through a whole match, therefor they are not a threat to the tube fed shotguns. Again, they are cool for most folks and will never let a casual shooter down, but the thread was the best manufacturers.

M

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all. In 3-gun there are some folks that keep trying to get Saiga's to run to no avail. They can not hang with the Benelli's for high round count rigorous shooting. They look cool but one will never be in my safe. They are about as reliable as a bad mossberg from what I have seen. We have even let them into tactical class in 3 gun. Although they have a detachable magazine a Saiga will/has never run through a whole match, therefor they are not a threat to the tube fed shotguns. Again, they are cool for most folks and will never let a casual shooter down, but the thread was the best manufacturers.

M

Are these Saigas modified with mag wells? Because I've heard of a lot of problems with them. I ran an entire Pro-Am shotgun match with mine once (over 110 rounds minimum) and never had a hiccup. I've had a couple of times where several people ran my Tromix through 100 rounds or more in a short time with no malfs (come to think of it, I probably have over 500 rounds through the gun now) Of course I still have the rock & lock mag system because no one seems to make a reliable straight drop system.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's the Browning A-5, and everything else!!!!!!!!

Only in a sweet 16:D
If you want to see some gun gold, go to champlinarms.com in Enid, and feast your eyes on guns ranging up to $35000+

Maybe a Merkel 16 ga?

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_birdhunt.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom