Best way to find a cheap 20 gauge slug gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a 20 gauge slug gun for a project. Basically any 20 gauge will work as long as it has a rifled barrel and a 3 inch magnum chamber. Condition really doesn't matter because I won't be needing to shoot this for accuracy. Do you guys usually see these types of guns at pawnshops used or should I start looking on gunbroker or at a gun store?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need a 20 gauge slug gun for a project. Basically any 20 gauge will work as long as it has a rifled barrel and a 3 inch magnum chamber. Condition really doesn't matter because I won't be needing to shoot this for accuracy. Do you guys usually see these types of guns at pawnshops used or should I start looking on gunbroker or at a gun store?

Why must it be a rifled barrel and 3"? 2 3/4" rifled slug out of a smooth bore cylinder choke is just as accurate. But if it ain't about accuracy what's difference would it matter?

And yes I see em at pawnshops all the time. Usually moss begs and single shots. $300 or less.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why must it be a rifled barrel and 3"? 2 3/4" rifled slug out of a smooth bore cylinder choke is just as accurate. But if it ain't about accuracy what's difference would it matter?

And yes I see em at pawnshops all the time. Usually moss begs and single shots. $300 or less.
It must be a rifled barrel because I am going to be using this to shoot 14.5mm(20 gauge) artillery simulators out of it. It needs to be a 3 inch chamber because these rounds are long to begin with and won't work in a shorter chamber. Accuracy doesn't matter because I'm just going to be using this gun to lob these downrange and won't be needing to hit precise targets

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It must be a rifled barrel because I am going to be using this to shoot 14.5mm(20 gauge) artillery simulators out of it. It needs to be a 3 inch chamber because these rounds are long to begin with and won't work in a shorter chamber. Accuracy doesn't matter because I'm just going to be using this gun to lob these downrange and won't be needing to hit precise targets

Ahh. Good idea, now it makes sense lol. I'll keep my eye out, so check back often.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

With a little pipe, you know this would be a super easy and legal DIY pipe project... You could make an artillery mortar super easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom