Better tag your projects, no more mechanic/parts receipt waivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Total ripoff, no reason to pay money for a non-running vehicle sitting on your property. I wonder if this is the case in most other states, or is this just an Oklahomaism..

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
California has a non-op registration. Not sure on other states. I understand the penalties, but $1 a day makes it harder for people who have already hard time paying for their tags. Say what you want, but I just tagged my new car, and it cost $965. I don't know what the yearly tag will cost, but my previous new car was $100 a year. If you buy a car, say one at an auction that was repo'd or something like that and the tag has been out for a 1.5 years, you are looking at over a grand by the time you get done with tags, title fee, excise tax and penalties. I usually don't even title a project until it is finished. This will just make it more difficult for everyone. Most of the people I know can't afford these types of fines.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This really isn't that big of a deal... compare to states like Missouri, where you only have to have a tag to drive... but no matter what, you're paying property tax on every car, boat, tractor, nice TV, etc that you own every year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom