Better tag your projects, no more mechanic/parts receipt waivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And they quit sending out boat and outboard motor white cards too. I went to tag a car in July this year and realized I hadn't tagged my boat in June like always. When I asked the Tag Agent why I hadn't got the white cards on my boat this year she said you have to pay I think it was $5 extra when you renew a boat or motor tag to receive a card in the mail the following year. It's what happens when your State is broke. I guess they figure they will collect more in late penalties this way.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More evidence of how the State views you: not as the people whom it exists to serve, but as a resource to be mined and plundered.

You want a notice mailed to you pay the premium for it, if not then be responsible and take care of your business. Or would you like the state to just raise the price for everyone so we can all ***** and moan?

At one time we had 3 automibles 4 motorcycles and a boat to tag every year. Never had a problem without getting a notice in the mail.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a notice mailed to you pay the premium for it, if not then be responsible and take care of your business. Or would you like the state to just raise the price for everyone so we can all ***** and moan?

At one time we had 3 automibles 4 motorcycles and a boat to tag every year. Never had a problem without getting a notice in the mail.

Why should it all of a sudden be an extra fee when for years the cost of mailing out cards apparently was paid for somehow either through general revenue funds or the tag fees.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And why is it $5 to auto-generate a note on two cents' worth of card stock and twenty-three cents' worth of postage (bulk mail rate for postcards)? A bit of profit-taking from the subjects, perhaps?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sucks, I havent tagged one of my projects in years.

But I can see the flip side, very easy for people to abuse and get a "mechanic" to write a receipt and get around the past due registration fines.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want to know why we have to pay money to the state just because we own a car? I'm not talking one that's running and on the streets, just one that sits on our own property. What services is the state providing us for owning a non-running car?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blinocac, I'd grant you a small service in providing a registry of property (just as the recording system provides a benefit to property owners insofar as it resolves title issues). I can see a small fee for that. Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure.

Here's another one for you: what benefit does the driver's license system, as it currently exists, serve? You don't have to re-test, so it's not providing any ongoing certification purpose. Compare with, say, the pilot licensing system, which charges for the test (for the examiner's time and services), but no ongoing charges, is good for life, and does require some recertification (in the form of a biennial flight review, which is conducted by third parties, not the government). How is the four-year renewal cycle beneficial over the pilot licensing system, and how does the aviation system manage to get by without the repetitive revenue-raising?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The decision to eliminate reminders was nothing more than a reason to generate more revenue from expired tags. It cost less than .28 to generate and mail a reminder. I would gladly pay .30 to get something mailed to me if I used the overpriced Okla tag system. As of now, I will continue to receive my reminder from the Cherokee Nation which also doubles as a way to mail the form back and receive my sticker in the mail a few weeks later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom