Better watch where I step

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Growing up in the SE these were everyday sights. They almost never go after humans; just don't take fido for a walk nearby or problems ensue. When I first moved to the SE we went on a float trip down the ichetucknee. As a kid I was ready to run on water the first time I floated 10 ft past one sunning itself; everyone assured us it was fine though. They do teach all kids in school to run in a zig zag and try to get up a tree if they chase you, they can't turn while moving and have to come to a complete stop to turn.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I expect to see one within the next 5 years on my place as they expand their range. Sure would get exciting getting in your deer stand in the dark and hearing a roar

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was down on the Gulf Coast, sitting in a duck blind before daylight, kept hearing this peeping sound. Sun finally came up and saw 6 lil gators 8" - 9" long. 200 yrd back to the bank and carrying nothing but a shotgun with steel shot, does not make for an enjoyable trip wondering where Momma is.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do teach all kids in school to run in a zig zag and try to get up a tree if they chase you, they can't turn while moving and have to come to a complete stop to turn.

That's a handy piece of information to know! I'm not too worried about them, I would imagine they are like black bears, hogs, rattlesnakes and most other wildlife, if you come upon one they probably want to get away from you more than anything. Back one into a corner and there might be trouble.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
where exactly is this sucker? SE OK? I do need a new pair of nice boots .....lol JK

So this blonde went into a gun store,,,
She told the owner she wanted alligator shoes,,,
But at $3,000 a pair it was too much money for her budget.

She asked for a rifle that would kill a 'gator,,,
She knew she could get her own if she could shoot a 'gator,,,
So the owner sold her a Ruger Mini-14 and a few boxes of ammo.

Later that week a game warden heard a rifle go off near a river,,,
He drove to the sound and found 3 dead gators on the bank,,,
Just then he heard another shot and saw the blonde,,,
She was wading out to a dead 'gator in the water,,,
She drug it to the bank and flipped it over

Damn! said the blonde,,,
This one's not wearing any shoes either.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom