Biden vows to ‘beat the gun lobby’ by passing stronger laws, touts administrative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 235 years, do we still need hundreds of overpaid, overvacationed buffoons passing "laws" for the masters they sold out to years before they ever got into a position to run for U.S. Congress?
Surely thousands of interns could find satisfaction being s&m "bottoms" for powerful persons in the private sector.

Our current system of government is bought and paid for, and the saddest thing is that we accept it.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told someone the other day that after Obama being in office the Republicans could probably throw Jerry Springer up as a candidate and win.

Wow. A lot of my relatives sit around all day listening to right wing talk radio. And all their news comes from Fox News. And every single one of them told me over and over and over again that the 2012 election was going to be a walk against Obama. No matter who got nominated on the GOP side.... "Anybody could beat that most worthless President of all time." They were utterly convinced of it. No amount of careful historical explanations about the power of incumbency or how 2nd elections usually go mattered in the least. There was a zero percent chance Obama could win re-election. The first election in 2008 was just some kind of crazy fluke.

Hmmm... I seem to remember the 2012 vote night though and the doubts about re-election didn't last very long.

Overconfidence on the GOP side can easily lead to defeat.

And that applies to many of the issues today as well. Don't just blindly stick to the same positions as the last twenty years. IMO... the winning electoral position is to be as libertarian as possible. Let people make their own decisions as much as possible. And that is the pro-gun rights position.

Gregg

Latest posts

Top Bottom