Bill Cosby on Martin/Zimmerman Case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually agree with 95% of what he said. All but the "get guns off the streets" part.

Cosby says the bigger question is what Zimmerman was doing with a gun, and who taught him how to behave with it...

Excellent point. With rights come responsibilities. First, if he was part of an official neighborhood watch, by carrying a gun was he acting as an armed guard without a guard license? Second, who did teach him how to act when carrying? Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should. :(

O

oklacowboy

I actually agree with 95% of what he said. All but the "get guns off the streets" part.

:(
Thats the part I don't like. If he doesn't want to have a gun that's his business, but to say all the guns need to come off the street just isn't right. I hope I clarified my point. I've read some of his stuff and listened to some of his speeches and I think he's a smart man, just not about guns.

O

oklacowboy

Bill Cosby IS a smart man.

He just disagrees with you. Nothing more.

Plenty of intelligent people have disagreed about a lot of things.

Michael Brown
Yes, he has the right to his view and I respect that, but for him to make a blanket statement, he has to realize the influence and the impact his statements have on the general public who looks up to him. If we take all the guns off the streets only criminals will have them. You don't have to be very smart to know that. People look to him as a leader and for him to disagree with our constitutional rights, well that just ain't right.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cosby has jumped to a bad conclusion based on emotion and not logic. How many community watch shootings have there been beside this one? Why does the world stop spinning because of one unusual incident? Show me the pattern of bad shootings by community watch people and how it stacks up against the good accomplished by guns in the hands of lawful citizens. Cosby lost his son to a carjacker who shot him - that has to be deeply painful and clouding his judgement.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting tired of all this, Bill Cosby is great and has his opinions. We must or I do respect that. Now, we or I don't know all the evidence. Please, this is getting really old but some must trudge on, and so forth and let Florida determine this. . Leave it be and let them handle it there? Good night, as ERM said. I will have a glass of rotten wine while the dog patrols the street. Just sayin'.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe Cosby should focus on the irresponsible "journalists" who openly push liberal politicians.
Who taught them how to behave , and what are they doing broadcasting without adequate training...oh that's right...you don't need a license or training because of the first amendment....
second amendment doesn't say anything about behavior with a gun or training either.
If a crime is committed, it's committed. It's not the fault of the freedom...it did not somehow "allow" the crime to happen.
Just because people drive drunk does not mean driving is bad, and driving on public roads is not even enshrined in the Constitution as a God given right.

O

oklacowboy

Maybe Cosby should focus on the irresponsible "journalists" who openly push liberal politicians.
Who taught them how to behave , and what are they doing broadcasting without adequate training...oh that's right...you don't need a license or training because of the first amendment....
second amendment doesn't say anything about behavior with a gun or training either.
If a crime is committed, it's committed. It's not the fault of the freedom...it did not somehow "allow" the crime to happen.
Just because people drive drunk does not mean driving is bad, and driving on public roads is not even enshrined in the Constitution as a God given right.
I agree, everything you said here is dead on.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've seen evidence of far more irresponsible journalists than I have gun owners. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom