Bill Murray praises Republican tax cuts, attacks divisive pol. and blames Dems for making it WORSE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5387197/Bill-Murray-attacks-divisive-politics.html
Bill Murray praises Republican tax cuts as he attacks divisive politics and blames Democrats for making it WORSE by trying to appeal to minorities instead of everyone
  • Murray warns that political discourse has degenerated into a 'Clash of Clans everyday, first thing in the morning'
  • He says Democrats can be divisive by striving to represent certain groups or minorities, rather than simply saying they represented Americans
  • 'The way the Democrats handle things is poor, where they try to pick out little pieces of a population, oh well... we represent the LGBT or something,' he said
  • 'Instead of thinking that each citizen has a right to be respected as a citizen first, under the laws of the country'
  • The 67-year-old said atmosphere made comedy of a political nature very difficult
  • Murray played former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon on Saturday Night Live after being asked to do the skit by a friend
  • 'They had a really good wig,' joked the Ghostbusters star, and ex-SNL star
By Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 15:26 EST, 13 February 2018 | UPDATED: 17:16 EST, 13 February 2018

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, considering that in a recent story it was reported that the Democratic Party had something like $400,000 in their coffers and the Republicans had millions and millions, I'd say that even the serious lefties aren't buying the Democrat message. Shoot, even just one rich Hollywood leftie could help the Democratic Party and double their cash on hand. Haven't heard of that happening yet.

All that said, maybe the "good" democrats can retake their party and make it viable again.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m with you guys. Never thought of Murray being that way. But then again, I’ve never seen him do anything to show he is a liberal either. But I don’t follow social media or anything like that so I wouldn’t know if he did or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, considering that in a recent story it was reported that the Democratic Party had something like $400,000 in their coffers and the Republicans had millions and millions, I'd say that even the serious lefties aren't buying the Democrat message. Shoot, even just one rich Hollywood leftie could help the Democratic Party and double their cash on hand. Haven't heard of that happening yet.

All that said, maybe the "good" democrats can retake their party and make it viable again.

Yet what you haven't heard is that democrats are taking back some smaller offices.
If the Republican's don't get their shat together, they are going to suffer the consequences.
Trump got elected because a lot of middle of the road dems did not like Hillary.
Yet, the leadership in the Republican party is spending like drunken democrats contrary to the Republican base that wants to see them act like conservatives, smaller government with less regulations.

My best friend was a democrat. We had tons of discussions about his issues and mine.
When Obama got elected, after a year or two he saw the democratic party was not his anymore.
It had changed and he didn't like the change, moving into a Trump supporter.
We live in an interesting time.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet what you haven't heard is that democrats are taking back some smaller offices.
If the Republican's don't get their shat together, they are going to suffer the consequences.
Trump got elected because a lot of middle of the road dems did not like Hillary.
Yet, the leadership in the Republican party is spending like drunken democrats contrary to the Republican base that wants to see them act like conservatives, smaller government with less regulations.

My best friend was a democrat. We had tons of discussions about his issues and mine.
When Obama got elected, after a year or two he saw the democratic party was not his anymore.
It had changed and he didn't like the change, moving into a Trump supporter.
We live in an interesting time.

True, some small political offices are going to some Democrats, but I don't see that as a trend. How many "small offices" are being won or retained by Republicans that the media isn't reporting. Personally, while it won't likely happen with the Senator, I'd like to see both Ryan and McConnell lose their seats. That might signal to the rest of the Republican party that they are putting their money on the wrong horses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom