Bill would allow concealed weapons across state lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While agree in theory I feel this would be the beginning of federal control of concealed carry and personally I don't want lawmakers from California, New York, and New Jersey determining where I can carry. Seems like a very slippery slope.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While agree in theory I feel this would be the beginning of federal control of concealed carry and personally I don't want lawmakers from California, New York, and New Jersey determining where I can carry. Seems like a very slippery slope.

Most definitely a slippery slope. Be careful what you ask for.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a catch 22. If we leave it to the states we will never have reciprocity. At least with a federal law(good or bad) there is a better chance of SCOTUS making a ruling(although we may not like the ruling). Seems like some of you are happy with the current way things are(i.e. not allowed to carry in other states). Lawmakers from California, New York, and New Jersey already determine where you can/can't carry(when it comes to their states). I don't really see this potentially curtailing where one can/can't carry in their own state....but I see where some might think that a possibility.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most definitely a slippery slope. Be careful what you ask for.

It is a catch 22. If we leave it to the states we will never have reciprocity. At least with a federal law(good or bad) there is a better chance of SCOTUS making a ruling(although we may not like the ruling). Seems like some of you are happy with the current way things are(i.e. not allowed to carry in other states). Lawmakers from California, New York, and New Jersey already determine where you can/can't carry(when it comes to their states). I don't really see this potentially curtailing where one can/can't carry in their own state....but I see where some might think that a possibility.

I see both sides in this discussion as they match up on pros/cons. For now, I've addressed it by choosing not to go where the laws have said I'm unwelcome, sort of like the stores that choose to put up a "No Guns" sign on the door. That said, I don't believe that's what the Founders intended and that's why it should be addressed at a national level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom