Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 1980s when I was stationed at Pope AFB I went TDY to Brooks AFB in Texas for an Operational Entomology course. It was basicly a course on how to protect our troops from vector born disease while they are in third world type places. One of the parts of the course was a video 45 minutes long of people dying of rabies. It was horrible and while I had been bitten several times before that by feral cats and dogs my attitude changed right then. I will never get bitten again and not fess up and either have the animal checked or take the shots. I can not think of many worse ways to die.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 1980s when I was stationed at Pope AFB I went TDY to Brooks AFB in Texas for an Operational Entomology course. It was basicly a course on how to protect our troops from vector born disease while they are in third world type places. One of the parts of the course was a video 45 minutes long of people dying of rabies. It was horrible and while I had been bitten several times before that by feral cats and dogs my attitude changed right then. I will never get bitten again and not fess up and either have the animal checked or take the shots. I can not think of many worse ways to die.
When I was stationed in the Philippines if a dog but a GI the officials in the hospital would try to obtain the dog to see if it was rabid but if it was in a barrio, often the people would find out that the dog bit someone and rather than lose the dog they'd cook and eat the dog and the GI would go thru the entire series of rabies shots. (true story as told to me by the Environmental Nurse)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can count on one hand the number of people I like more than my dog, but then, I know a lot of people.

Dogs are good people, they don'y gossip about you, enjoy being around you because they like our company and if they are lying on the floor and you step on their tail, they yelp and come wagging their tail to you in an effort to apologize for being in your way. I don't like people that mistreat dogs or females.

Latest posts

Top Bottom