Blanching Corn and other veggies when it’s hot and cooking when it’s hot outside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put an extra Cook Stove on the back porch area to aid in keeping the heat out of the home. It has worked perfectly the last couple days while blanching 4 bushels of corn and several gallons of green beans. We use it extensively during the summer months and she uses it a lot around the Holidays. We have had an extra one either in the garages or back covered porches on multiple homes we have built and lived at. If you have the room and cook a lot and Garden they are priceless.

IMG_0115.jpegIMG_6259.jpeg

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived on the hippie farm in Arkansas, we built a screenhouse with ceiling fans, big restraunt size stainless prep sink, harvest tables and a big homemade cooler built out of an old dairy truck bed with a 25000btu AC unit chilling it. It had a 50's huge kitchen range and 2 freestanding LP burners.We grew monster gardens and cooped crops of melons, sweet corn and sweet potatoes at neighbor's gardens.
Salsa making days we could do 500 jars pretty quick.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive got a gas one in the shop. I run it off propane tanks. Where did you get that cover? I need one of those.

An Upholstery guy in Choctaw. He has done several jobs for me over the years, Motorcycle Seats, Couple Dodge Full Size Trucks and some Furniture. He works out of a home shop, very reasonable. If memory serves the stove was $65.

Tom 4055179632

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out yesterday and got 2 brown paper sacks full of corn at Nowakowski Farms in Mcloud.

Yep! We hit ‘em up too! Great corn they grow. I guess they stopped doing it at the Luther and 50th place.

You know they started doing this Corn back in the 20s to allow the local Harrah Kids to make some School Clothes and Book Money! What a Family to think of the community all these years!

And it was chock full of kids working the sale barn!

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived on the hippie farm in Arkansas, we built a screenhouse with ceiling fans, big restraunt size stainless prep sink, harvest tables and a big homemade cooler built out of an old dairy truck bed with a 25000btu AC unit chilling it. It had a 50's huge kitchen range and 2 freestanding LP burners.We grew monster gardens and cooped crops of melons, sweet corn and sweet potatoes at neighbor's gardens.
Salsa making days we could do 500 jars pretty quick.
Why did you ever leave?

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why did you ever leave?
Derrickman pay on a rig with contract for 30 wells, in 1978-79 time job security with a real top wages take home paycheck & benefits and no goats or patchouly & BO scented liberal opinionated women to deal with seemed like a good opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom