Blanching Corn and other veggies when it’s hot and cooking when it’s hot outside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Derrickman pay on a rig with contract for 30 wells, in 1978-79 time job security with a real top wages take home paycheck & benefits and no goats or patchouly & BO scented liberal opinionated women to deal with seemed like a good opportunity.
I can’t blame you there. At 20 I would leave too. But at 50. I would be pretty inclined to put up with some liberalism as long as they were still putting out.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Derrickman pay on a rig with contract for 30 wells, in 1978-79 time job security with a real top wages take home paycheck & benefits and no goats or patchouly & BO scented liberal opinionated women to deal with seemed like a good opportunity.
I can’t blame you there. At 20 I would leave too. But at 50. I would be pretty inclined to put up with some liberalism as long as they were still putting out.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Mr.Glock .....beautiful corn this year and mighty tasty too as usual.
20240623_195655.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love corn on the cob. I also have found one better, Mexican Street Corn or Elotes and Esquites.

The world “elote” means “corn cob” in Spanish, and Mexican Elote is grilled corn on the cob slathered in a mayo cream sauce and garnished with chili powder, cheese and lime.

How to make Elote:​

Cook the Corn: You can cook the corn cobs on the stove, on a grill, or in the instant pot. For the stove, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the ears of corn and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.

Spread with Butter (Optional): If corn was cooked on stovetop or instant pot, Spread melted butter over the cooked corn and grill until slightly charred on all sides.

Add Crema Mixture: Mix the mayonnaise and Mexican crema together, then spread a thin layer over the cooked corn cobs.

Sprinkle generously with cotija cheese and then desired amount of chili powder. Serve garnished with cilantro and a lime wedge on the side, for squeezing on top. Enjoy Elote corn immediately.

How to make Esquites:​

1. Add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add onion and pepper and saute until tender. Add water and corn. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender (about 5-8 minutes). Season with black pepper and a little salt and divide among 4 cups.

2. To each cup add 1 heaping teaspoon of mayonnaise and 1 heaping teaspoon of Mexican crema (or sour cream). Stir to combine. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese and chili powder, to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges to squeeze on top.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love corn on the cob. I also have found one better, Mexican Street Corn or Elotes and Esquites.

The world “elote” means “corn cob” in Spanish, and Mexican Elote is grilled corn on the cob slathered in a mayo cream sauce and garnished with chili powder, cheese and lime.

Cook the Corn: You can cook the corn cobs on the stove, on a grill, or in the instant pot. For the stove, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the ears of corn and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.

Spread with Butter (Optional): If corn was cooked on stovetop or instant pot, Spread melted butter over the cooked corn and grill until slightly charred on all sides.

Add Crema Mixture: Mix the mayonnaise and Mexican crema together, then spread a thin layer over the cooked corn cobs.

Sprinkle generously with cotija cheese and then desired amount of chili powder. Serve garnished with cilantro and a lime wedge on the side, for squeezing on top. Enjoy Elote corn immediately.

1. Add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add onion and pepper and saute until tender. Add water and corn. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender (about 5-8 minutes). Season with black pepper and a little salt and divide among 4 cups.

2. To each cup add 1 heaping teaspoon of mayonnaise and 1 heaping teaspoon of Mexican crema (or sour cream). Stir to combine. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese and chili powder, to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges to squeeze on top.

YES YES! We like it too!!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I gotta try that sometime. I just bought about a half bushel. The sad thing is, I can't get past how awesome this stuff is just by itself! Best corn ever! This year's crop is just sweet as candy. Love it.

I'm digging the outdoor kitchen idea. It's been on my mind for several years now. If I can just finish up my current projects. I've got a swimming pool and a chicken coop both in progress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom