Blast from the past... PSE Thunderflight Express

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have one of these in very good condition. Is it worth upgrading? Like a new string, cables, whisker biscuit, etc.? String and cables are in good shape it's just that they are so old I don't trust them. Draw weight is 70-80lbs. How much can you drop it? It's a bit much for my old fat butt. Probably ought to just buy a new bow, but this thing has hardly been shot. Thoughts?

MBRONC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it to a bow shop have them check it if it is safe to shoot take a few shots while you are there if you like it replace what is needed. if not check out the newer bows and get what ever feels good to you.
Once you decide get practiced up and have a great bow season.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it to a bow shop have them check it if it is safe to shoot take a few shots while you are there if you like it replace what is needed. if not check out the newer bows and get what ever feels good to you.
Once you decide get practiced up and have a great bow season.

Take your check book with ya on this one... ;')

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just from looking at it, I would think upgrades would be counter productive.

Not much in adjustments...30"draw ...70-80- pounds..65% let off. theyre selling for $75 dollars

May be time for a new one...8)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a busted PSE that was set at 75lbs draw weight and I think let off was the same.. got it from a buddy in the later 1990's

Fastest bow I ever shot.. 1 pin was used from 10-36 yards,, then at 36 yards it would drop like stepping off the curb.. you could watch it happen..
Not an arch or rainbow trajectory.. oddest thing I ever seen.
Do not know how fast it was but shot beside some people that had 300fps stuff and they were amazed and wanted to know the speed.

I just shoot it at stuff never clocked the speed.
But yea it was a bear to get back and hold for any amount of time.
After much practice it was easy to pull back ,, even crouched under a tree I could pull it back without much effort..Practice though

I have a Hoyt now.. smaller much more let off and 3 pins are used to 36 yards.. it is a slug and I have it cranked down all the way.
I want to say it is 256fps shot through my F1. Wish it shot faster. like another 50fps

I want a cross bow now as I ruined my left shoulder this summer,, It's getting better though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom